Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final: Swans vs. Cats

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    I'm def over your antagonistic approach to using this site.
    Kilroy, Barry, leave it please. There is no reason for either of you to upset yourselves and let things get to you. We won last night, time for pleasant thoughts, not unpleasant thoughts.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty".

Senior Player
    Not often I will do so but I agree with Barry. Lets stop looking for conspiracys and accept the things we can't control and focus on what we can control.
    The extra days break before the Grand final will be much appreciated by Friday nights winner. Let's get behind our team and stop worrying about any perceived inequality and AFL vendettas

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz80 View Post
    We were actually offered the fri night game as the highest ranked semi team. We chose to have the 6 day break this week instead of last week. We must have had some sore bods after the gws game
    Oh, I didn't realise that was the case!

I certainly didn't think it was an anti-Swans thing, more just curious if it was an "MCG Friday nights the most important" thing.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

The best thing is by crossing over (losing to Giants) , we get another game at the G before the Granny , which should we win it, is a terrific advantage compared to the other two potential finalists playing at The Easter Show Parade Ground .

I am actually going to Melbourne this weekend and will go to this game if I can get tickets....I am beyond excited....it will be my first game at the MCG and a Prelim too!!!

Wow!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I am actually going to Melbourne this weekend and will go to this game if I can get tickets....I am beyond excited....it will be my first game at the MCG and a Prelim too!!!

Wow!
    enjoy daisi. The mcg is an amazing stadium to watch footy at and even better when the swans win. There are still a lot of faithful south Melbourne fans who will turn out.

I'm hoping of being at the mcg myself the following week

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Has there been any news at all today on Rohan or McVeigh?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Reported on this thread that Rohan not as bad as feared. Neil Cordy reporting in the Telegraph that Kurt Tippet will play PF!

Senior Player
    I just watched the replay and then be honest I was really impressed by nankervis's work around the ground. His kick to buddy was amazing but his presence was really good and in hindsight I wonder if he would have been better than Tippett against GWS.

My head says we can't play all three but I wonder if it would work.

Yeah Neil Cordy is reporting Tippo could make a return. But Nankervis was great last night in the contest. Put his body on the line all night. Great kick to Buddy on the lead. Don't think we could play all 3: Nankervis, Tippo & Naismith. Heart is saying Tippo and Naismith but head is saying Nankervis and Naismith.

Pushing for Selection
    Hi Folks.

Just joined and this is my first post. Been a Rugby League Fan all my life, but started supporting the Swans in 1996, and been a member since the Swans started playing at ANZ, seen about 85% of their games there. ANZ is far easier to get to with better public transport from my area (Bangor). Have a reasonable knowledge of the game but don't claim to be a guru by any means.

Just want to get people's thoughts on potential replacements this week.

Looks like we are bringing back Tippett this week. To me Nankervis and Naismith both deserve their spots and if Rowan is out, I am wondering what the forum thinks of bringing Tippett back mainly to play in the forward line with occasional ruck duties in the forward 50. Do we think he is a tad slow to play up front and thus better suited to the ruck? I think by putting him up front he might take one or two of the best defenders away from Franklin and Richards and thus free them up a little bit. Looks like Heeney is going to play more in the midfield. Looks like number of options for McVeigh.
    Thoughts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast