Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final: Swans vs. Cats

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Preliminary Final: Swans vs. Cats

Remarkable effort to be in yet another preliminary.

6 days rest going in, vs. 8 days for the Bulldogs going into their PF. Has the AFL screwed us over a bit here for the sake of crowd numbers/ratings?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Cmon swans. Let's use the 6 day break as a way the continue the momentum towards the grand final. That's what we do well. Play well off the back of a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post

6 days rest going in, vs. 8 days for the Bulldogs going into their PF. Has the AFL screwed us over a bit here for the sake of crowd numbers/ratings?
    Im a bit over this victim mentality to be honest.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'm certainly not trying to line up an excuse for us, but I am genuinely curious about the decision and whether the AFL has stated their reason for the scheduling.
    Last edited by stellation; 18th September 2016 at 12:23 PM.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Well yeah of course they have, as well as making it hard for us to win any 50/50 let alone legit free kicks.

We are not suppose to be there at all, we are pissing the AFL off big time. We should be yesterdays news in Sydney and GWS should be the side every sydneysider dreams about.

If we win the flag not only have we beaten the melb-centric media and their @@@@ty narratives, the parochial VFL fanbase but the AFL and Fitzpatrick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'm def over your antagonistic approach to using this site.

Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    Well yeah of course they have, as well as making it hard for us to win any 50/50 let alone legit free kicks.

We are not suppose to be there at all, we are pissing the AFL off big time. We should be yesterdays news in Sydney and GWS should be the side every sydneysider dreams about.

If we win the flag not only have we beaten the melb-centric media and their @@@@ty narratives, the parochial VFL fanbase but the AFL and Fitzpatrick.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm def over your antagonistic approach to using this site.
    You are the biggest "victim " on here with your wacko conspiracy theories.

6 day break is meaningless when we had a bye two weeks ago. Geelong having one game in a month has more to worry about than us.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

We were actually offered the fri night game as the highest ranked semi team. We chose to have the 6 day break this week instead of last week. We must have had some sore bods after the gws game
    I'm certainly not trying to line up an excuse for us, but I am genuinely curious about the decision and whether the AFL has stated their reason for the scheduling.

And as Barry mentioned in another thread, we have had a bye 2 weeks ago and havent travelled since rd 22...no excuses...apart from a couple injuries ????

Warming the Bench

Does this mean we'd have an extra days rest over our opponent going into the Grand Final?

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Does this mean we'd have an extra days rest over our opponent going into the Grand Final?
    Yes.

Veterans List
    The draw is to give the highest ranked team the longer break into the GF. Highest ranked team is Geelong, they get the extra days rest into the GF. So no conspiracy.

Wonder if Mills will be right to go against Geelong, what about if he needs the extra week and we make the GF? Hasn't played for three weeks, what would we do?

So probably need two for this week, this is where the non debut of Newman will kill us. Hopefully Jones is ok but will be rusty and then it's poor decisions Towers or low possession Cunnungham!

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Yes. AFL are looking after us.
    Lol.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast