Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3 match finals series

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    The contrived clubs I refer to were Crows and the team that stole the 2006 cup. Freo and Port came later and in ports case was an extension of an existing club they were also not given any where near the assistance of the first two.
    And Gold Coast have not completely wasted the assistance they recieved although many gigs were placed in one basket with Gary. Of course K Hunt wasn't a great result either however we will see them deep in finals over the next few years. As long as the VFL clubs don't continue to cherry pick from their list
    The Crows, Weagles, Bears & Freo's concessions were nowhere near what these two new interlopers have received. Poor Brisbane was the worst - getting a couple of bottom end discards from every club.
    Last edited by 0918330512; 21st September 2016 at 08:48 AM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    The Crows, Weagles, Bears & Freo's concessions were nowhere near what these two new interlopers have received. Poor Brisbane was the worse - getting a couple of bottom end discards from every club.
    Agreed re Brisbane however being the only team in the big league in two footy mad states certainly set up the Crows and the team that stole the 2006 cup for success. Living in SA I became aware of crows supporters who were born and bred Port supporters ( and still followed them in the SAFL ) but had become rusted on Crows due to their early success.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Agreed re Brisbane however being the only team in the big league in two footy mad states certainly set up the Crows and the team that stole the 2006 cup for success. Living in SA I became aware of crows supporters who were born and bred Port supporters ( and still followed them in the SAFL ) but had become rusted on Crows due to their early success.
    The SA & WA sides were helped by having a more appreciative fan base. But it's not really a concession given by the AFL.
    Brisbane, and the 2 SA & 2 WA clubs had to raise significant capital to buy their licences from the AFL/VFL. Who owns the licences for the 2 newest interlopers?

Senior Player
    I am surprised that people think it's even remotely possible to "even up" the concessions/handouts/advantages given & not given to a such a disparate group of relocated and newly formed clubs over the thirty year time span the AFL have been trying to expand what is STILL largely a suburban Melbourne comp. Folks, there are humans running this
    process OK, not f...ing extraterrestial superbrains.
    Last edited by KTigers; 21st September 2016 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I am surprised that people think it's even remotely possible to "even up" the concessions/handouts/advantages given & not given to a such a disparate group of relocated and newly formed clubs over the thirty year time span the AFL have been trying to expand what is STILL largely a suburban Melbourne comp.
    I don't think it should be "evened up". The two newest teams have just got too much IMO. GCS have largely squandered theirs (so far) while GW$ are rapidly becoming Fitzprickstein's Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Gold Coast have only proven that you can give a hamster a Ferarri but if it can't reach the pedals, you've wasted a Ferrari.
    What a great analogy!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

In many ways, it would have been better for GWS to meet Hawthorn. They then could claim the moral high ground by killing the beast.
    All I can say to that dross is........Go Doggies! They then could claim the moral high ground by killing the beast......that is GWS!! I know your a loyal Sydney/NSW resident Barry, but you really have to decide where your 'actual' allegiance lies......and stop this weird Giants love! You do realise they are our enemy.....

Senior Player
    Maybe not every Swans supporter approaches the game & the team the same way Stevo. Jesus, on Saturday night we had to sit behind these six Swans supporting boofheads who'd just Uber-d over from Daniel Talia's local in Double Bay and spent a chunk of the night trying to get "the wave" started before bailing just after 3/4 time to look for something shiny. I had to tell myself this was part of the footy life's rich tapestry to stop myself from belting one of these
    morons. As Lars Ulrich said in the Metallica doco "we're Metallica, there's no f...ing rules".

Jesus, on Saturday night we had to sit behind these six Swans supporting boofheads who'd just Uber-d over from Daniel Talia's local in Double Bay and spent a chunk of the night trying to get "the wave" started before bailing just after 3/4 time to look for something shiny.
    That hurts me on an incredibly personal level
    Embarassing

Senior Player
    You'll be OK mate. Apparently Talia's Hawks mate Jono is hosting their Mad Monday celebrations in the laneway next to
    the pub. It's been going for three days now, in "honour" of the three peat. Maybe just duck down there this arvo.
    I'm sure one of the Hawks boys will be able to fix you up with something to make you feel a little bit better after a particularly
    difficult day on the footy forum.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    That hurts me on an incredibly personal level
    Embarassing

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    they were given all the same tools they just ballsed it up completely.

Gws have been really well run but there's no escaping the fact they've been given a heap of concessions.
    Thats a fair summary. But a new club from stratch needs concessions. Impossible to start without them.

I happen to think the concessions to GC and GWS were about right for start up, and comparable to WC, Adelaide.
    Certainly a lot better the Brisbane Bears and Swans. This is good, those were stuff ups. If they repeated it again, it would be stupid.

The fact that GC and GWS have take such different paths show that concessions on their own get you no where. good manangement is the key. Give credit where credit's due.

Maybe not every Swans supporter approaches the game & the team the same way Stevo. Jesus, on Saturday night we had to sit behind these six Swans supporting boofheads who'd just Uber-d over from Daniel Talia's local in Double Bay and spent a chunk of the night trying to get "the wave" started before bailing just after 3/4 time to look for something shiny. I had to tell myself this was part of the footy life's rich tapestry to stop myself from belting one of these
    morons. As Lars Ulrich said in the Metallica doco "we're Metallica, there's no f...ing rules".
    I just cried with laughter.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast