Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3 match finals series

Senior Player
    Yes, I think I posted yesterday that if somehow the Dogs can get past GWS (which I doubt) it would be better for us because the Dogs will likely be spent by the
    time they make it to the G. Whereas GWS will have more left in the tank come Oct 1. The media can't help themselves looking for footy fairytales so have latched onto the Dogs
    with all their keyboards blazing, and that is to be expected. Not sure I buy into this notion that just because a club doesn't have as many members as others they should be belittled for it. That reasoning makes Hawthorn & Collingwood the greatest clubs because they have the most members. We go to some of the GWS games, and their fans....
    well, they just look like people watching a footy game to me.

Please don't begrudge the media latching on to fairytales! I still have so many articles from the lead-up to 2005!

The Dooggies Fairytale will probably end on Sat evening . But I'm going to see if they can do it on pure Adrenaline.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Ive never seen so much BS about a game of football in my life.

A harsh reality is about to hit the fairytale bulldogs. They've been on the road every second week for the last 6, including 2 trips to perth. Now, non-vic sides are used to this and have the mental hardness and methods to handle it. A melbourne side used to 16 games at home each year will be tiring badly. Compound that with the extra intensity of finals games, a few players coming back from injury and missing that consistent match conditioning, its going to be a blow-out final win to the giants.

The media will then go into BS overdrive above how "brave" the bulldogs were. How unjust the league is. How plastic GWS is. How few fans they have, blah, blah, blah. Here's the tip bulldogs, if you want a serious crack at a flag, finish top 4 or even better top 2.

In many ways, it would have been better for GWS to meet Hawthorn. They then could claim the moral high ground by killing the beast.
    Big call and probably has some merit BUT I would not be writing off the Doggies they have a game style that matches up well against the Interlopers
    I for one will be cheering them on as I have generated an immense dislike for the Interlopers this season.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Please don't begrudge the media latching on to fairytales! I still have so many articles from the lead-up to 2005!
    Now that you mention it: I haven't got any articles from the lead up, but I'm sure that in a cupboard somewhere, there's a fair few post-match articles. My favourite of those, was one where the author identified everybody in the pack that Leo Barry soared in front of. They then went on to detail the history of each of those players. Since there was a wide variety of journeys, it was a really interesting read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Big call and probably has some merit BUT I would not be writing off the Doggies they have a game style that matches up well against the Interlopers
    I for one will be cheering them on as I have generated an immense dislike for the Interlopers this season.
    Yes, and strangely, Kevin Sheedy's comments didn't make me rethink my dislike. If anything....

I enjoyed kevins comments. I mean seriously, ate GWS expected to be rubbish for 20 years first?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    I enjoyed kevins comments. I mean seriously, ate GWS expected to be rubbish for 20 years first?

Of course you did . And your second sentence just highlights the issues most people on this forum have with the way the Interlopers have been set up. Why do they have to have immediate success?
    Surely building a team and earning a flag is preferable to being given one?
    If they win the flag this year it will always carry an * in my mind.
    We shouldn't be surprised however as this is not a new template by the VFL.
    The early success of the contrived clubs in SA and WA always made me livid. Especially as a Swans supporter who watched these bastardised clubs recieve preferential treatment to ensure they succeeded while we were left begging for help in foreign territory.

Gold coast has proven that they were not "given" success.

Senior Player
    Yes, and Freo.... that's gone well. Right now they are about as far from a cup as they were in 1995.

Senior Player
    The contrived clubs I refer to were Crows and the team that stole the 2006 cup. Freo and Port came later and in ports case was an extension of an existing club they were also not given any where near the assistance of the first two.
    And Gold Coast have not completely wasted the assistance they recieved although many eggs were placed in one basket with Gary. Of course K Hunt wasn't a great result either however we will see them deep in finals over the next few years. As long as the VFL clubs don't continue to cherry pick from their list
    Last edited by Faunac8; 21st September 2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Fat fingers and bloody know it all autocorrect

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar

they were given all the same tools they just ballsed it up completely.

Gws have been really well run but there's no escaping the fact they've been given a heap of concessions.

Gold Coast have only proven that you can give a hamster a Ferarri but if it can't reach the pedals, you've wasted a Ferrari. GC should probably have been vying by now but they squandered their oportunity. GWS learned from GCS's strategic mistakes & were given slightly better advantages.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast