Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Preliminary Final V Cats

Changes for Preliminary Final V Cats

Will be interesting to see which way we go..

Do they risk taking Tippo and Mills into this game...

The intensity will be very high, I'd be surprised if Mills would be ready after 13 days.

And if Tippo were to cop some heavy contact to the jaw, his night could be over early.

But I reckon he'll play as a FF replacing Rohan, rather than bringing in Towers.

I suspect they'll bring in Cunningham, due to his pace, for a negating role.

(I would prefer Zak Jones but his concussion looked severe and doubt he'd be ready.)

So I reckon :

OUT : McVeigh, Rohan

IN : Cunningham, Tippett.

Others thoughts?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

It's dodgy taking all those slow talls in, but I think it's our best option. Nankervis is a real presence and hits hard
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

On the veteran's list
    Harley on the radio this morning saying nobody had been ruled in or out. Rohan looks to have no structural damage and McVeigh looks to have a minor calf strain
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Harley on the radio this morning saying nobody had been ruled in or out. Rohan looks to have no structural damage and McVeigh looks to have a minor calf strain
    If it's a strain, even a minor one, it would very risky trying to play after just 6 days.

As for Rohan, he looked like he had been shot and couldn't/wouldn't put any weight on the knee.

So again...With a six day break, it would be very surprising if he got up
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I say we dont risk it, we dont want to be in a situation where we are two players down by half time.

And there is no chance mills plays, i dont think we will risk taking 4 players with significant injuries and who have had very shot recoveries into such an important game.

Is Harry Marsh an out for many people? I'm not sure he was ready for this type of pressure
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Is Harry Marsh an out for many people? I'm not sure he was ready for this type of pressure
    Harry marsh would be an out for me but he's healthy and that's something we are lacking so he's a definite to stay.

Marsh is definitely the one they'll drop for Jones or Mills for the GF
    Hope one of them gets up this week instead of Cunningham

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    He looked a bit outclassed a couple of times, but on the other hand, I didn't see his opponent Lynch have much of an impact. I'd be strongly advocating Teddy in for Marsh if not for the other injuries and forced changes already.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    If he can keep Lynch quiet he's not doing too badly. He did get caught with the ball, but Reg's clanger was much worse.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought he had a couple of shaky moments early but settled down and was solid thereafter. All our stars made their mistakes too. I think we can tend to overplay the mistakes of the younger players, putting it down to them not being ready (or up to it). He's not in our best 22 (at least yet) - no arguments there, but I wouldn't drop him unless Mills or Jones were available.

On the Rookie List
    I thought Laidler looked like the player under far more pressure when the ball went into defence but Marsh is definitely on the fringe. I would looks towards Jones if he has recovered from concussion (and Mills is still injured) for McVeigh, who I don't think you can risk and one of Towers/Rose/BJack/Cunningham for Rohan depending on match-ups which I haven't really thought about yet

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast