Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 3 match finals series

Senior Player
    They can buy tickets right now if they want. It's still not sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    I believe there would have been more Bulldogs supporters attending if the game was somewhere bigger.
    I live in Bulldog territory and many of my friends didn't try for tickets. All the talk about how few tickets were available, and that the greater number would be for GWS members stopped them trying. As they weren't guaranteed a ticket they didn't try booking travel & accomodation in case they were left high & dry.
    A bit like some of our supporters trying to attend the Swans game in Hobart.
    Last edited by KTigers; 22nd September 2016 at 04:45 PM.

I believe there would have been more Bulldogs supporters attending if the game was somewhere bigger.
    I live in Bulldog territory and many of my friends didn't try for tickets. All the talk about how few tickets were available, and that the greater number would be for GWS members stopped them trying. As they weren't guaranteed a ticket they didn't try booking travel & accomodation in case they were left high & dry.
    A bit like some of our supporters trying to attend the Swans game in Hobart.
    Sounds like BS baskin. If these supporters really wanted to go, they could.
    At only 8000 travelling dogs fans, rest assured, a city the size of Sydney will still have plenty of accomodation options available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It would be interesting to see the reaction if this happens. Some of my relatives on the weekend said that an all Sydney grand final WOULDN'T be good for football. And there also has been some rumblings on radio and the paper that it's the AFL's dream for this to happen as we are both the love child of the AFL.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    It wouldnt be good for Victorian football.
    It would be great for NSW football.
    It wouldnt make a difference to SA, WA, QLD, Tas football.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I hope I am wrong but I can see GWS blowing the Doggies off the park
    That is a possibility; the Dogs lost to GWS by 25 points when they met earlier in the year. I expect the Giants to win against the Dogs but it's not a sure thing.

The counterargument is what the Dogs did to Hawthorn. The Dogs snapped an 8-game losing streak going back to 2010. Any team that snaps losing streaks against opponents in finals are not teams to be taken lightly. When we won the flag in 2012, we overcame recent poor form against Adelaide (2-12 since 2002) Collingwood (11 losses since 2006) and at the MCG (1-1-13 since 2007). Our 2012 premiership showed that past form means nothing in finals. If the Dogs get to the Grand Final against Geelong, they also have an unbroken 10-game losing streak against Geelong. The Dogs have won their last two against us.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Long Term Injury List
    My comment wasn't to question barry, it was simply to state facts. Not everyone has endless funds, and to book flights & accommodation without a guarantee of a ticket, or booking at the last minute once you have a ticket, can be cost prohibitive.
    Not everyone is up to jumping on the club buses which are travelling up and back on the same day.

But the dogs membership sales were never sold out. It seems the problem is more that is in sydney rather than spotless

My comment wasn't to question barry, it was simply to state facts. Not everyone has endless funds, and to book flights & accommodation without a guarantee of a ticket, or booking at the last minute once you have a ticket, can be cost prohibitive.
    Not everyone is up to jumping on the club buses which are travelling up and back on the same day.
    True. But this is the same for every club member who makes the final. Do I book a airfare to the GF from Perth on the off chance the Swannies get there and I can get a ticket, and time off work.? That's just the reality off finals. You get less than a week to make arrangements. And it costs.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    True. But this is the same for every club member who makes the final. Do I book a airfare to the GF from Perth on the off chance the Swannies get there and I can get a ticket, and time off work.? That's just the reality off finals. You get less than a week to make arrangements. And it costs.
    just a heads up that it's easy enough to book accomodation that has free cancellation up to 3 days before grand final. Not so easy for flights though.

Senior Player
    Being a Bulldogs supporter is basically a breeze. You just rock up to Etihad every weekend. You barely have to leave the place. And if the Dogs make the Grand Final, their supporters have to scrape together what, five bucks for a tram fare. Poor things.

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    Not if you book in August.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

What a disgrace the AFL is. They are "preparing for a backlash if GWS win flag".

A conspiracy theorist would suggest then they will do everything they can to avoid GWS winning a flag to easily, especially against a melbourne team. Be interesting to see what the free kick count is on Saturday. And I bet GWS are hoping for a swans win tonight to remove the melbourne element from the grand final if they win.

Expect a "trading ban" or similar if GWS do win the flag.

What a joke of a comp this is, if you are outside Victoria.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Not if you book in August.
    I admire your faith! I only want to see the Swannies play. Not interested in a neutral GF. Airtickets from Perth are still expensive in August, because the Eagles aren't knocked out by then.

I book early every year... just in case.
    I have until 28 September to cancel my accommodation for free; and I'll just put the airfare into credit and use it for the annual MCG game footy trip.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567