Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heeney is Coaches 'Young POTY' winner..

Veterans List

Heeney is Coaches 'Young POTY' winner..

Here: Second-year Swan's honour puts him among modern greats - AFL.com.au , and of course he won the Players Assn. Best First year player award last year. Yes, he will be a modern great. Three cheers!

There are not many shabby previous winners

Veterans List
    The Academy has been good to us.

Mills first now Heeney.

What the @@@@ was that sound? Oh... it was Eddies head exploding. NEver mind.

Great stuff! I know he's been used largely as an attacking option but his defensive rebounding work on Saturday was amazing. It will interesting to see where he plays in future years.

Warming the Bench
    Great effort Heeney! Very exciting for the swans, lots of quality with previous winners. Good to know he's rated so highly not just by us fans

Veterans List
    It has to be said, his sublime work on the weekend was a great indication of what lies ahead, and it's very, very exciting.

Makes up in a small way for him missing the Rising Star last year when he got injured. Very happy for him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeFree View Post
    Great stuff! I know he's been used largely as an attacking option but his defensive rebounding work on Saturday was amazing. It will interesting to see where he plays in future years.
    Where ever he is needed!

We are indeed lucky to have picked up Heeney and Mills in successive years. Both look not only to be very good players but potentially absolute elite, top 2-3%.

Regardless of this years result, 2016 has been a year when we've built a new team for the next 7-8 years, just need a little luck in drafting and recruiting and a bigger increase in the salary cap than that proposed by the VFL!

With Heeney (and also Mills at times) stepping up big time in the midfield it makes me much more comfortable if Tom Mitchell does end up leaving. We are so lucky to have two midfield guns waiting in the wings.
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    With Heeney (and also Mills at times) stepping up big time in the midfield it makes me much more comfortable if Tom Mitchell does end up leaving. We are so lucky to have two midfield guns waiting in the wings.
    The thought of a midfield with Heeney, Mills, Parker and Hannebery is reassuring for the future! I'd be interested to see if Mitchell sticks around should McVeigh call time on his career after 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    True but Joey, Kizza & Macca a won't be around forever. In 4 years I'd rather see Tom dishing off 30+ Hard won handballs off to Mills & Heeney in the middle of the ground, for beautiful delivery to the ageless Buddy and the aging Tippett, than having to find someone to tag Mitchell in brown & gold.

I love Macca myself, but how nice might it be to have him say, "Tom, I'm hanging them up, I've still got a season in my of fair footy, but you are the future of the club I have devoted myself to. Sign up. Here are the reigns."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast