Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: So Yeah...WE ARE INTO THE GRAND FINAL!!

So Yeah...WE ARE INTO THE GRAND FINAL!!

Wow...little sleep happening tonight! Hard to believe that we are all about to live through the excitement, anticipation and nerves of another grand final week and then day.

This club we support...incredible!! The AFL takes away the COLA, slaps an unjust trade ban on us for following THEIR rules and still we make the Grand Final.

SO EXCITED!! Let's enjoy the week ahead Swans' fans!
    Swannies for life!

Goes up to 11
    Hands up if you'd never planned to go to Melbourne for the Grand Final but are really thinking about it now.......

I booked my leave back in May on the off chance! Had accomodation with friends arranged since June - just in case- and now we are going - road trip Thursday via Albury. Reminder people DO NOT DANGLE YOUR SCARVES FROM YOU CAR ON THE WAY THERE - ITS BAD LUCK AND SHOULD ONLY BE DONE AFTER A WIN!! SAFE TRAVELS EVERYONE XX

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I booked my leave back in May on the off chance! Had accomodation with friends arranged since June - just in case- and now we are going - road trip Thursday via Albury. Reminder people DO NOT DANGLE YOUR SCARVES FROM YOU CAR ON THE WAY THERE - ITS BAD LUCK AND SHOULD ONLY BE DONE AFTER A WIN!! SAFE TRAVELS EVERYONE XX
    I'm usually superstitious and in 05, 06, 12 and 14 got burnt paying excessive airfares but decided to book flights down to Melbourne mid August this year...so glad I did!!
    Swannies for life!

And especially not if you're wearing them, as becoming a new Isadora Duncan would really put a dampener on things.

I was driving home from work yesterday and had a slight conniption as I was at the lights next to a car that had a scarf dangling from it - I put my window down and politely said "that's bad luck you know" sure the person thought I was some kind of middle aged crazy woman, but my stern, I mean business look made them pull the offending scarf inside the car!! ????????

Veterans List
    Going to be wet all week in Melbourne, no GF day forecast yet.

Starting to make plans for the trip over. Scarf etiquette noted!

Regular in the Side
    flight? ticked in May. Accomo? ticked in June, gotta love airbnb. Match tickets? priority 1 registration ticked. Are we in? you bloody beauty. Did i sleep much? no, but who cares. Go swans! Enjoy it everyone xx
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Going to be wet all week in Melbourne, no GF day forecast yet.

Starting to make plans for the trip over. Scarf etiquette noted!
    I've seen cloudy with sunny periods 11-17 so throw in an icey wind and it will be perfect.
    Glad you have taken note of scarf etiquette!!! ????????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swannette View Post
    flight? ticked in May. Accomo? ticked in June, gotta love airbnb. Match tickets? priority 1 registration ticked. Are we in? you bloody beauty. Did i sleep much? no, but who cares. Go swans! Enjoy it everyone xx
    me either !!! I'm going to a 40th luncheon today (yes I know people that young!!! ????????) And I won't care that I haven't slept!!!

I was driving home from work yesterday and had a slight conniption as I was at the lights next to a car that had a scarf dangling from it - I put my window down and politely said "that's bad luck you know" sure the person thought I was some kind of middle aged crazy woman, but my stern, I mean business look made them pull the offending scarf inside the car!! ????????
    Great work Wardy!!!

I will be driving down this year (flew down in '12 and '14), as long as my mate is lucky enough to get a ticket in the priority 2 ballot.

What a wonderful season it has been, and win or lose next week, im so proud of our wonderful club!

Bring on the big dance and carn you mighty swannies!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Hands up if you'd never planned to go to Melbourne for the Grand Final but are really thinking about it now.......
    Hand up. If it's an all sydney gf, I'm there !

Senior Player
    I booked my leave a few months ago, too. I'm also driving down with my partner and kids on Thursday (via Beechworth) for our first Melbourne holiday. Hanging out for the ballot results now.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast