Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Grand Final.

No McVeigh please

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Laidler stays. You know he will give nothing more than his best for the whole game. Hopefully Shandy gets up and no changes required.
    Hewett had an ordinary PF but doesn't deserve to be dumped on one bad game. He will learn from it.
    If Shandy is out, Ted is not the worst option. There has gotta be a lot of muscle memory there from numerous finals. He doesn't butcher his kicks and can marshall the defence. Having said that Reg is now our "Supreme Leader" down back apologies to Snoke (Star Wars fans will get this).????

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side
    Hewitt was not that bad. Look at his tackle count.

Assuming Aliir and Mills don't get up.

If we play Dogs:

In: McVeigh
    Out: Aliir

If we play Giants:

In: McVeigh, Richards
    Out: Marsh, Aliir

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Hewitt was not that bad. Look at his tackle count.
    Yep - output in his role is not just about possessions, his pressure was excellent last night. Would be a very tough call to drop him.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Tough call to drop anyone based on that game. Big fan of Hewitt but his composure deserted him under the bright lights

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Tough call to drop anyone based on that game. Big fan of Hewitt but his composure deserted him under the bright lights
    i wouldn't drop Hewett. He had a few off moments last night but his pressure was good and he's been pretty good all year. He has a big future and that game will have done him good

Jones after his performance last night deserves another go, McVeigh and Mills if fit you'd say would return.

Aliir (if inj. ), Laidler/Marsh could be dropped.

Tough week for the match committee.
    danza

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    i wouldn't drop Hewett. He had a few off moments last night but his pressure was good and he's been pretty good all year. He has a big future and that game will have done him good
    I can't see who else goes out. If Aliir doesn't get up Marsh stays for height in the backline. Aliir makes it then maybe Mills for Marsh.

Glad I'm not in the position to make the call - pretty tough no matter which way it goes

I think it's way too risky bring in Ted for the GF, even if Aliir misses and we play the Giants.

Mcveigh for Aliir. And Mills (if 100%) for the unlucky Marsh.

So possibly McVeigh and Mills to come back in and possibly Aliir out. I would play horses for courses - If we play GWS we need to replace Aliir with Ted. Jones stays in the team...one of Mills or McVeigh to replace Marsh....yeah he had a lock down job but didnt look up to it sorry...we need someone to create play against GWS.

If we play Dogs - We dont need another tall back to replace Aliir...Laidler can do that role..and we bring in 2 of Mills, McVeigh or Cunningham to replace Aliir and Marsh.

Veterans List
    3/4 time in the other prelim. and we still don't know who we're playing! How dirty are the Giants?! If they indeed get through, I think we have to make some early physical statements next week, while staying focused on the mission......

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast