Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Grand Final.

Darcy(?) reported during the game last night that McVeigh had told him he would definitely be ready to go. I can't see the selectors spurning our blessed captain. But he wasn't really missed and someone like Jones showed how you can really play across halfback. Experience though would be handy where Marsh and Hewitt might be exposed. It depends on who pulls up close to fully fit.

Perhaps a little ironic that Father Son Josh Dunkley was reluctant to join Sydney because of the mid-field depth we have, one of whom is a Father Son who might be leaving us, & that they'll play off on the big stage

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    I have heard that before previously something like 201..., ends in 4, and how did the finish. ????

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I didn't feel like that in 2014 at all. Others may have.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Perhaps a little ironic that Father Son Josh Dunkley was reluctant to join Sydney because of the mid-field depth we have, one of whom is a Father Son who might be leaving us, & that they'll play off on the big stage
    Thats false. Dunkley said he would have been happy to be selected by the swans

I didn't watch the gws game but saw that the free kick count was 23-13 in favour of the dogs. Was this a fair reflection of the way the game was played? Or do we have the same to look forward to in the gf? Ie. Massive dog favouritism.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Thats false. Dunkley said he would have been happy to be selected by the swans
    Welcome back. Been relatively quiet without you for the last couple of days.
    I didn't say Dunks Jr didn't want to come. I more meant that his preference seemed to be to stay in Melbourne (closer to family) & that senior midfield opportunities were less likely at Sydney

Welcome back. Been relatively quiet without you for the last couple of days.
    I didn't say Dunks Jr didn't want to come. I more meant that his preference seemed to be to stay in Melbourne (closer to family) & that senior midfield opportunities were less likely at Sydney
    But, thats not what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    I didn't watch the gws game but saw that the free kick count was 23-13 in favour of the dogs. Was this a fair reflection of the way the game was played? Or do we have the same to look forward to in the gf? Ie. Massive dog favouritism.
    Id expect the same next week. The AFL's integrity unit is on holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    But, thats not what he said.
    No, Josh is a well spoken young man who would have ended up at Sydney if the Bulldogs had not bid on him.
    I couldn't really see him saying "Well, the Swans have nominated me as a father / son selection, I'm accepting the nomination (pending being outbid of course) but I sure as heck don't want to end up there!"

So lets assume for a moment Aliir, Mills and McVeigh are all 100% right to play - whats everyones thoughts about selection? My guess is horse would want all 3 in the team...which leaves 2 to go out. I cant see us dropping Jones after last night...my guess would be Marsh...who would be the other...Laidler played well as intercept mark and a bit of grunt...but Mills would also play intercept mark so i think Laidler would be the other one to drop out.

What ever transpires with McVeigh and Mills fitness...Jones should , and I think will, be in the 22 next Saturday.

Taking both Mills and McVeigh into a GF would be too risky for mine ....Regardless, 2 Small halfbacks, plus Smith, Marsh and Rampe, is enough.

So the only change I want to see is..

OUT : Aliir Aliir

IN : Mills
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    No, irony is the use of words to express something different from (and often the opposite of) their literal meaning. "Father Son Josh Dunkley [being] reluctant to join Sydney because of the mid-field depth we have, one of whom is a Father Son who might be leaving us, & that they'll play off on the big stage" is an example of dissonant coincidence.

Just sayin'.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    No, irony is the use of words to express something different from (and often the opposite of) their literal meaning. "Father Son Josh Dunkley [being] reluctant to join Sydney because of the mid-field depth we have, one of whom is a Father Son who might be leaving us, & that they'll play off on the big stage" is an example of dissonant coincidence.

Just sayin'.
    Education received

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast