Thread: GF DISSAPOINTMENT.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar

GF DISSAPOINTMENT.

After a unbelievable year with 7 new or young inexperienced players who is going to miss the big dance.

Will Aliir be fit or will Mills or McVeigh.

Who is in the gun.

Not Jones, never ever to be dropped, total heart player and a finals player.

Probably just two or three and there would be some very sad players. Laidler, Marsh and Hewett.

It also depends on who we play.

If Aliir is out then Mills is in and thats it.

If Aliir and Mills is available then someone misses out sadly. No Mcveigh for me.

Missing due to injury sucks but being omitted or dropped is even worse.????

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    It is a really difficult situation, a good problem to have, but upsetting for players that have been there abouts all year then miss the one that really matters. I almost think that all players who played a senior game the year the team wins a flag should be considered a premiership player and given a medal.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    It is a really difficult situation, a good problem to have, but upsetting for players that have been there abouts all year then miss the one that really matters. I almost think that all players who played a senior game the year the team wins a flag should be considered a premiership player and given a medal.
    I was surprised to hear this when I first found out years ago. Does not seem fair.
    They don't need to be presented it at the GF though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I think allir will get up. I think laidler and jones are safe.

So there may only be one change.
    In. Mills, out marsh.

Mcveigh at less than 100% is not in our best 22. We didnt miss his leadership last night.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I would be happy with this outcome, as long as everyone named is fit enough. We can't afford to carry anyone especially considering we have lost at least one to injury during the last three games.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think allir will get up. I think laidler and jones are safe.

So there may only be one change.
    In. Mills, out marsh.

Mcveigh at less than 100% is not in our best 22. We didnt miss his leadership last night.
    We missed his pointing though, just not enough extended digits out there last night for my liking

I've always said clubs should mint their own premiership medals for all players who played a senior game & perhaps assistant coaches, during their premiership year in recognition of their contribution.
    In fact, I doubt it would cost an absolute fortune to make them. Supporters could just about crowd fund an account for it, invest the funds so that the balance could grow, & each year the Swans win a premiership, funds are dipped into to mint the medals.
    Just thinking out loud ...

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I've always said clubs should mint their own premiership medals for all players who played a senior game & perhaps assistant coaches, during their premiership year in recognition of their contribution.
    In fact, I doubt it would cost an absolute fortune to make them. Supporters could just about crowd fund an account for it, invest the funds so that the balance could grow, & each year the Swans win a premiership, funds are dipped into to mint the medals.
    Just thinking out loud ...
    I hear what you are saying, but to put it in perspective, players average $300k per year and you suggest that they go to the fans to pay for a medallion? $50 per month will feed, clothe and educate a family in a developing country. Sorry if I am a downer but it is my hobby horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but to put it in perspective, players average $300k per year and you suggest that they go to the fans to pay for a medallion? $50 per month will feed, clothe and educate a family in a developing country. Sorry if I am a downer but it is my hobby horse.
    No, I initially suggested the Clubs make the medals, but since they haven't been bothered yet, then I suggested a fan crowd funding initiative might shame clubs into action.
    Plus I'm not sure how much of your $50 actually gets to that family in the developing country.

Senior Player
    McGlynn for the trifecta on missed GF wins

Seriously though, you would feel particularly for an older player omitted. Younger players still have future chances to be in GFs - not guaranteed of course, I think Boomer played in a winning GF in his first year then not another GF for another 16 years.

Regular in the Side
    i think Marsh most likely....

I think McVeigh is a definite in whether we like it or not. And it's the dogs that don't play tall so could it be McVeigh for Aliir / Marsh, or is Laidler in danger. Otherwise I'd think Hewett is looking over his shoulder