Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Grand Final moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

Adam said he deliberately held back from the pack (as he couldn't jump) and used his body strength to ease the closest Hawthorn player into the pack so he could gather the ball and kick. You're right, he did know precisely what would happen, the brain of a brilliant footballer.
    Several times in that second half he did really clever things where he used his football brain to really help the team. That moment was a nutshell of goodes at his best - several steps in front of everyone else in the vicinity. Only the very very best footballers have that ability.

Senior Player
    This video is great -> Sydney Swans Win the AFL Grand Final. Everyone Goes Nuts. - YouTube

Titled "Sydney Swans Win the AFL Grand Final. Everyone Goes Nuts"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Adam Goodes, playing on one leg, crumbing the ball from the pack and bouncing the ball through for a goal to put Swans up by seven points in the last quarter in 2012. That's actually the goal that won the premiership for us rather than Malceski's (fantastic) final goal.
    I'd go along with this one too. What an inspirational player and human being, but hey how good were those Mitch Morton cameos? Played out of his skin that day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Goodes was an inspiration. You could almost argue he was never the same player after destroying his good leg in that day. He seemed to be forced to kick on his left the next season I recall? He sacrificed himself basically.

For some reason though, I can't remember being as excited for Goodes goal as Jack's goal. Thought the game was gone until Hanneberry kicked one. Still thought Hawthorn had momentum until JAck's goal, then I thought, "Oh my god, I think we might win now." Just that adrenaline you get when ...

Man I want Saturday to hurry up.
    And Jetta's deft touch to propel the ball forward to Hannebery. Class.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Several times in that second half he did really clever things where he used his football brain to really help the team. That moment was a nutshell of goodes at his best - several steps in front of everyone else in the vicinity. Only the very very best footballers have that ability.
    Cometh the moment, cometh the champion

Senior Player
    I got chills from reading this thread.

Veterans List
    The final siren in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The final siren in 2005.
    I grew up in country Vic & dad worked weekends so I never got to go to matches (we'd watch the Sunday arvo SCG games on TV together). From age 15 I'd moved to Melbourne for school & Uni, so I'd go to as many Swans games as I could. Then I moved to Adelaide for more uni & then work (and dad retired to Qld).
    So for me, 5 minutes after the '05 GF when dad and I finally caught up (our seats weren't together for the game) was pretty close to my best Grand Final moment. I still treasure the photo of us attending our first Swans game together, celebrating together our Club's first GF win in 72 years.

The grand final moment that sticks in my mind is Kieran Jacks goal in 2012. Also Mitch Morton beating 2 hawks at a critical time in the game.

I enjoyed 2012 the most, we played out of our skins. 2005 was a period where i still had doubts whether the swans as a club were capable of wining a flag, so I watched it with a sense of dread, until the siren blew.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The final siren in 2005.
    I didn't hear the siren because the noise was so loud around me. I only knew we had won when Kennelly jumped on Leo!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Mine is about 5 seconds after the siren went in 2005.
    This is when I heard that the siren had gone because I couldn't hear it myself due to the roar of the crowd.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Warming the Bench
    Mattner's tackle and Jetta on the wing 2012

Amon's last qtr and that mark 2005

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.
    On watching the replay and listening to the commentary, I don't think I enjoy anything as much as Dermott Brereton's groan when Young fell over in the goal square and Jack goaled. Quality. That and the Mitch Morton 1v2 that he won to set up Jack in the goals. Or Pykey's mark, dish to Reg whose pack kick resulted in the Goodes goal.

Outside of those heroics, the goal in the second qr when AJ did a brilliant side step, got it to Malchy, who hit a free Hanners in the centre, got it to Sammy on 50 who slotted it home. Great e2e footy.

In 2005 it was BBBBHall's mark and goal from outside 50 after Hunter and Cousins' consecutive goals to bring us back in the hunt.
    Insert Your Life [HERE]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast