Thread: Will the bulldogs play dirty?

Will the bulldogs play dirty?

It seems to be our weakness in recent times.

Jumped by GWS with dirty tactics in both games this year. We were also a victim of this tactic in 2014 by an even scummier club.

Is there a possibility of an inferior bulldogs outfit trying similar tactics this coming Saturday? It seems to be our achilles heel.

I also didn't like what I saw from Liberatore Junior. Seems to be just like his bastard father.

Veterans List
    Nah I don't think I have seen the bulldogs go the man at all. Liberatore was just responding to Shaw and telling him he was acting cray cray. The look on Shaw's face reminded me of Steve Johnson.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    It seems to be our weakness in recent times.

Jumped by GWS with dirty tactics in both games this year. We were also a victim of this tactic in 2014 by an even scummier club.

Is there a possibility of an inferior bulldogs outfit trying similar tactics this coming Saturday? It seems to be our achilles heel.

I also didn't like what I saw from Liberatore Junior. Seems to be just like his bastard father.
    I'm sure it'll be on early, everyone saw what happened in the first week to us against the Giants, and Beveridge has a Hawthorn background as well. Young Libba seems to love using his knees on players on the bottom of the pack, so that could be a factor, as I said in an earlier post, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree there. We just have to remain focused while giving it back and then some. With the ghosts of '14 fresh in our minds, I don't think we will allow them to rattle us, and may well be more on the front foot with the aggression at the man (without SJ style sniping), as well as at the ball.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 25th September 2016 at 04:11 PM.

I thought the Bulldogs were quite composed and reasonable in the face of GWS' thuggery. They didnt crack to it like we did. I think we are a better team than the Dogs but they are made of stronger stuff.

I went to the Dogs v Giants Prelim and stood with and behind all the Woof Woofs.... The players and the fans were pretty fair , mind you they'd had a free $10 breakfast , their first for 55 years .

Really pleased for Lin Jong winning a VFL premiership with Footscray today & the Norm Goss medal.
    Coming back so quickly from fixation of a clavicle fracture is astounding. Taping the opposite shoulder to stop the opposition taking advantage was ingenious.
    Congrats Lin. Whatever happens in your future, I was impressed by your endeavour today (hopefully your future does not involve two premiership medals in one week).

Senior Player
    I'm sure it's something Horse has discussed with the team. The 2014 GF will be front and centre in their minds so they'll be determined not to let that happen again. Besides, the Bulldogs aren't dirty like the Giants and Hawks.

Veterans List
    They will just play it hard. Why give away dumb 50's in a GF?

I haven't seen a dirty game for years. Ess/Haw in 2009 is the last one I can remember. The game has changed for the better.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    They will just play it hard. Why give away dumb 50's in a GF?
    One 50m penalty in the 1st quarter is easily worth taking Kennedy or Buddy out for the rest of the game.