Thread: Grand Final Preview

Warming the Bench

Grand Final Preview

Read it , enjoyed it immensely .
    Dogs have have had a triumphant year to date .

But The Bloods are also on a mission , they have a deep list of hard nuts that are ready for this .

Great work, as usual, really enjoy reading your pieces Joe

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Good work Joe, strikes the right notes.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I wish GWS or Hawthorn were our opponent as it would be good beating them without feeling a drop of sorrow for their fans. But you've got to have some empathy for the long suffering Bulldogs fans. We went through the same yearning for victory until 2005 and it was a great moment for us.

Of course I'll be barracking for the Swans. And if Mrs L can get off Facebook and stop bragging to all her friends how much French wine she can consume in one day, she'll be doing the same.

If we win, I will feel a bit sad for those Bulldog supporters, who may well go to their graves before tasting Grand Final victory. I really like the way the go about their game. They're an exciting team to watch and I can see why their fans are so enamored with them. It's a shame they've got that slimy ambulance chaser for a president.

PS: I know I might tell a fib or two, but this is the truth: I was heading to Girona before the Prelim against the Cats. My friend, who is also a Swans' supporter was driving, when suddenly a cat, that is, the small furry creature with 4 legs and a tail (no not Jimmy Bartel) ran straight out into the street directly in the path of the car. SQUISH. I wondered at the time if that was a sign. Back in June, a few days before we lost to the Bulldogs, I hit a dog riding my bike. It was the first bicycle accident I had in 10 years, which I think was the year we lost to West Coast in the granny. The dog got the better of me; I took a bad spill and injured my shoulder, which is still bothering me to this day. I wonder what it all means?
    Last edited by Ludwig; 30th September 2016 at 04:37 AM.

The dog was probably chasing some sort of ball too . They get so excited at the very mention of one just like the bloody Bulldogs.
    Hope you can still ride your bike with the dodgy shoulder.
    Me and daughter are just about to depart Sydney in the white ute with two bikes on the back so we can ride along St Kilda promenade to see how many dogs we scare the @@@@ out of.
    You will get over any empathy for the Doggies fans when you hear their pathetic Woof Woof chants.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    HERE PUPPY ! HERE PUPPY !

Great work Joe!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    Thanks guys. Here's hoping we're all in a celebratory mood tomorrow night!