Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: G.F. Day Thread. Sydney V Western Bulldogs. MCG 2.30pm.

G.F. Day Thread. Sydney V Western Bulldogs. MCG 2.30pm.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Good morning all. Seems the punters favor us, we've come in a bit as the week has progressed. Plenty of rain overnight so the ground may be a bit damp this arvo.

Swannies by 1pt after the siren. Go Swannies!

Veterans List
    The day has finally come!

I hope the players slept better than I did. I feel like I have a hangover!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Pushing for Selection
    Wow, did Alex Rance stir the pot about young Libba on the telecast then?

I found it harder than usual to get to sleep but fortunately did sleep after the long drive down. I don't know how the players manage. Must be hard if not impossible to just treat it like any other match.

My first ever granny. Exciting!

My tip: Swans by 17.

Senior Player
    Go Swannies! I'm incredibly nervous, I just hope the boys bring the same pressure as they did over the last fortnight!

Senior Player
    We just went for a walk round the city near our hotel. At least as many people in Swans gear as Dogs merch.

Senior Player
    I will be in M32 , Row CC , Seat 8. At first sight , it is not a great spot behind the goals - but I bet few said that before Eski's sealer in 2012.
    At least I will be next to the lunatics in the cheer squad , so that's ok.

If anyone sees a tall man with silver - ok , GREY - hair and a face that looks more died-in than lived-in, do say hello.
    But if anyone says hello at 5:15 and does NOT have a voice like a somebody on a sleazy phone call , do not even THINK about talking to me.
    We will have 22 blokes giving their all . Unlike them , we cannot play. Like them , we can - and we WILL - give it everything we have , by cheering our guts out.

Bit shy ? Bit self conscious about screaming the place down ? Bit worried about taking the initiative with a chant ? Tell someone who cares .
    Do you think any of our 22 will wait like wallflowers for somebody else to kick 'em into action ???
    Things going against us for a patch ? Don't blame the players or coaches or umpires - it will more likely be YOUR fault for not cheering loudly enough.

Oh , if it rains and I see anybody retreat to under cover , I will call them out.
    So , if we are going to make ourselves look daft , let's do it by barracking long and hard !
    You know it makes sense.

You've all paid a fortune for a ticket , so get your money's worth. Leave NOTHING in the tank.The boys won't - and neither shall we.

COME ON SYDNEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Been up since dawn. Time to fracture this fairy tale.

Remember:
    Hard, Disciplined, United RELENTLESS.

Quote Originally Posted by swanwolf View Post
    Been up since dawn. Time to fracture this fairy tale.

Remember:
    Hard, Disciplined, United RELENTLESS.
    Come on you mighty bloods, lets be having them!

We have to give then give again - from the first bounce to the final siren, relentless swans football is the order of the day!

Carn you mighty swannies!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Begging for unbiased commentary, so if the boys get up we'll have a memorable bit of history in the replay

There's all the all usual tension, but speaking to Doggies supporters , they are so stressed to complete their dream , and who could not feel some empathy for them.
    However the Swans haven't come so far to let another one slip away.
    For the Dogs it will be a stepping stone to their dream ..... next year against someone else .
    Zak Jones will play a blinder.

The coverage is @@@@ing sickening, almost turned my tv off twice
    Media doing everything to make me hate the doggies

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast