Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: That's it. I'm giving up Australian Football.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There are no NSW umpires at AFL level. None.
    A state that supplies two teams has none.
    We need an academy.

Veterans List
    Was at the game and felt like the umpiring was against us, infuriatingly so in some passages of play where we didn't get frees we should have got but then the Dogs have one plucked out.

BUT, I will wait until I feel well enough to closely and methodically watch the replay t o get the correct free count.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the braver media have a look at it and comment before me although they seem reluctant to say anything against Bob Murphy's brave dogs.

I absolutely hate blaming the umpires for a loss, and I still feel like we could have won despite the umpiring. But this game just left me infuriated with the double standards. The Hannebery injury was the worst for mine, the sliding rule was brought in for that EXACT reason. And there would have been an absolute uproar from Vic if it was the Bulldogs on the receiving end of these shocking calls, but people are too invested in this "fairytale" nonsense to ask questions.

Mclean getting a high free kick at the very end was the icing on the cake.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    No conspiracy, just @@@@ umpiring.

Close case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    I absolutely hate blaming the umpires for a loss, and I still feel like we could have won despite the umpiring. But this game just left me infuriated with the double standards. The Hannebery injury was the worst for mine, the sliding rule was brought in for that EXACT reason. And there would have been an absolute uproar from Vic if it was the Bulldogs on the receiving end of these shocking calls, but people are too invested in this "fairytale" nonsense to ask questions.

Mclean getting a high free kick at the very end was the icing on the cake.
    Yes, I hope that the picture of his knee buckling from the illegal impact, gets published a few times tomorrow, with some accompanying text along the lines of: why wasn't this a free kick?

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    No conspiracy, just @@@@ umpiring.

Close case.
    Yes, incompetence is far more likely, but FIFA, IOC, Indian bookmakers, etc.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I hope that the picture of his knee buckling from the illegal impact, gets published a few times tomorrow, with some accompanying text along the lines of: why wasn't this a free kick?
    for the same reasons that Tippett's head didn't hit the ground and Steve Johnson's hit on Josh Kennedy was apparently not accidental and was with a shoulder not an elbow. We all know what the photos show.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Could you just imagine the uproar if the umpiring went in the Swans' favour and it cost the Bulldogs the premiership they've been longing for after 55 years. Half of Melbourne would be burning their memberships because of the AFL's Sydney bias. This victory will be great for the Aussie Rules business. Sydney will still have 2 highly competitive clubs for quite some time. With Hawthorn fading out, Melbourne needs a few new clubs on the rise.

feeling really deflated guys

why bother?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post

why bother?
    AFL is corrupt. We get Franklin and break no rules but loose COLA , get a trade ban and now this umpiring in a grand final. Forget winning a flag for years it wont happen with these guys in charge. They are petty, hold a grudge and are corupt.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post

why bother?
    AFL is corrupt. We get Franklin and break no rules but loose COLA , get a trade ban and now this umpiring in a grand final. Forget winning a flag for years it wont happen with these guys in charge. They are petty, hold a grudge and are corupt.

AFL is seriously corrupt. Umpiring was unbelivable. By the final quarter Sydney supporters were just laughing.

I hope Hannebury sues as it had serious implications. No way Wood does that except that the Umpires gave them free licence to do anything.

I really wish the club would stand up and put in an official complaint. Longmire implied it.

Really was just diabolical

Gillon and Fitzpatrck need to go

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't think the umpitlring was influenced by the AFL you are extremely niave

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast