Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Danz4 View Post
    We need speed.
    That's one thing , for sure.

Maverick I feel the need... the need for speed - YouTube

But our quickest player was not one of our Top Guns.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    We out performed thru season 2016
    Achieved so much more then most expected
    Well done boys
    The emerging players will be so much better for the season !!!!
    You are right.Yet that applies to the Doggies kids , too.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Towers could never play in such a contested footy game as today. He's not made for it.

I think the call to trade Tippett is a bit premature. He was just about the best ruckman in the league before his knee injury. He hasn't played well since he's come back, but he's under contract, so we will see how he goes next year.

Mitchell had a great final series. It's a shame that he has to leave, but we do need to quicken up the midfield. We just need to get fair trade value for him. From now on we should only draft players with decent pace and good endurance.
    Spangher leaves and wins a GF against us. Biggs leaves and wins a GF against us. Mitchell leaves and .....nahh , the footy gods could not be so cruel.....could they ?

- - - Updated - - -

Why is Tom Derickx still on our list ?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post

Why is Tom Derickx still on our list ?
    Because he is a player of unique talent. He also has the same birthday as Noam Chomsky. That's got to count for something.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I don't agree that our great need is 'speed and endurance' in that Hiscox has speed and endurance, Harry C. has speed also BJ. More players with speed and endurance would be great but only if it is accompanied by excellent disposal skills, clean hands, footy smarts and above all ticker.

I think the clubs that get the players out of their comfort zones sometime during pre-season, like the Hawks taking the players on the Kokoda trail, or to jungle training or military training camps as a couple of clubs do, are providing players with the opportunities to toughen up both mentally and physically. Even climbing sand dunes somewhere - under Roosey. Confidence and self-belief is what the Doggie's have in spades, they believed they could beat us and were determined to do everything possible to make it so and as it turned out they did. They had more players who were mentally and physically tough enough to get the job done. That is the area the Swans need to address going forward.

Regular in the Side
    We need speed but our fastest player was also our worst. After snapping that goal Rohan went totally AWOL for the rest of the game. His second stinker in a GF I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Because he is a player of unique talent. He also has the same birthday as Noam Chomsky. That's got to count for something.
    Didn't know that he was that old? Is it blood transfusions that keep him looking so young?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    We need speed but our fastest player was also our worst. After snapping that goal Rohan went totally AWOL for the rest of the game. His second stinker in a GF I believe.
    .....and all that after vowing to atone for '14. Major disappointment, GF goat.

I just looked at the indicative draft order and was miffed that the Dogs have our 4th rounder (giving them 2 in a row in round 4) because of the trade for Talia. He better come good this year!

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Yes Rohan had a poor game on the biggest stage. Again. But on my account he won us a few games during the year. Without which we probably wouldn't have got to the big dance.
    I have been a big critic of his in the past. But i have come to accept his limitations. He's
    never going to win a Brownlow, but he will win us the odd game or two. And I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Yes Rohan had a poor game on the biggest stage. Again. But on my account he won us a few games during the year. Without which we probably wouldn't have got to the big dance.
    I have been a big critic of his in the past. But i have come to accept his limitations. He's
    never going to win a Brownlow, but he will win us the odd game or two. And I'll take that.
    The sadness of the rohan story is he could of been an absolute superstar on the basis of his junior footy, and the way he was developing before his broken leg. But his career i fear will never get near the level it should have

As good as some of our players are at various times during the season, we now have 2 gf in 3 years where some big names simply havent turned up - and i wonder how much of it is between the ears and a mentality issue, that we must find a solution too.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Not sure Mcs. He kicked 5 great goals against the Hawks in a dominant display. Had a good prelim final again. Crap gf again.

Even a lock down role on Johannison would have been handy.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast