Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bob Skilton Medal

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Was Talia there?

And how did Hannebery and Buddy seem physically - were either limping?
    On the live feed Adam asked Hanners about the brace he was wearing.

Blog Entries
    Was Talia there?

Buddy didn't appear to be limping on Saturday night.
    He had a bit of a spring in his step as he waltzed off with his partner. Who wouldn't??

Was Talia there?

I never saw Talia, but that doesn't mean he wasn't there.
    Buddy was fine.
    Poor Hanners was wearing a big bulky brace over his trousers.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I never saw Talia, but that doesn't mean he wasn't there.
    Did you check the lane ways??

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Did you check the lane ways??
    OMG.
    You just said that. Out loud.
    roflrofl
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Lloyd has been amazing since his move to defence

�Josh never plays a bad game. His will and competitive spirit to be able to play well in the biggest games year in, year out is quite amazing � he�s just simply one of the best big-game players there is.�

The top 10 finishing order for the 2016 Club Champion award is as follows:

Josh Kennedy 922
    Dan Hannebery 913
    Heath Grundy 865
    Luke Parker 834
    Dane Rampe 833
    Lance Franklin 827
    Jake Lloyd 684
    Tom Mitchell 672
    Nick Smith 622
    Kieren Jack 601

Note: Club Champion votes were awarded by the five coaches - John Longmire, Stuart Dew, Henry Playfair, Josh Francou and Brett Kirk. A player can be awarded a maximum of 50 votes per game, and coaches can allocate up to 10 points for as many or as few players as they deem appropriate, per match.

Other awards presented on the night:
    Paul Roos Award for Best Player in the Finals � Josh Kennedy and Heath Grundy equal first
    The Barry Round Best Clubman Award � Alex Johnson
    The Dennis Carroll Trophy for the Most Improved � Aliir Aliir
    The Rising Star Award � Callum Mills
    The Paul Kelly Players' Player Award � Lance Franklin
    Life Membership � Dan Hannebery, Nick Smith, Josh Kennedy, Lynn Ralph, Peter Ivany, Vanessa Muellner
    2017 number 1 ticket holder � Pat McLinden
    I thought Lloyd was fantastic in the first half of the year when he played on the wing as well. The interview with Aliir was one of the highlights of the night (the other being Buddy's player's player award), but I am a little bummed Lloyd didn't get formal recognition (Most Improved being the fitting award).

Come on guys! I used to do a proper report on the night of what happened, who wore what, what the food was, table decorations etc. Until I became a retired person with limited income. Now, lift your game, and fill us in.

Oh and I thought Lloyd would be a shoe in for most improved, but the explanation of why AA was made a great deal of sense. At least many of us appreciate Jakey and acknowledge that we have noted him.
    AJ looks like he has made his mark within the club whether he is playing or not. That in itself is a big achievement.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Come on guys! I used to do a proper report on the night of what happened, who wore what, what the food was, table decorations etc. Until I became a retired person with limited income. Now, lift your game, and fill us in.

Oh and I thought Lloyd would be a shoe in for most improved, but the explanation of why AA was made a great deal of sense. At least many of us appreciate Jakey and acknowledge that we have noted him.
    AJ looks like he has made his mark within the club whether he is playing or not. That in itself is a big achievement.
    I can help you out a little here Primmy, but no good on who wore what, except that mrs d looked pretty good. Oh, and we had Barbie at our table togged out in white top, short shorts and six inch platform shoes with red trim, topped off with amazing multicoloured hair and red and white flowers.

The menu: Entree was EITHER Queensland Spanner Crab Salad with avocado, roma tomato, finger lime, salted peanut praline and lime snow OR butternut pumpkin & ricotta agnelotti with asparagus, sage butter and toasted pumpkin seeds.
    The mains were EITHER slow cooked wagyu beef with parsnip puree, wild mushrooms, heirloom carrots OR slow-roasted corn-fed chicken breast with cauliflower puree, kale and tarragon jus.
    Desserts were EITHER eureka lemon curd with limoncello meringue, cookie crumbs and apple mint OR milk chocolatepassionfruit del ice with orange and vanilla compote.
    The wine list included Wolf Blass sparkling chardonnay pinot noir, Secret Stone pinot gris, salt ram 1859 chardonnay, Rosemount Little Berry McLaren Vale Shiraz and Wynns The Gables Coonawarra Cab Sav.
    The beer was listed as Peroni, Crown Lager and James Boag premium light, but all I ever saw was Hahn Super Dry - a bit like sending out the ressies instead of the firsts.
    Assorted soft drinks.

Apart from what others have mentioned one of the highlights of the night was the highly emotional goodbye speech from Benny, punctuated by loud cheers and applause every time he choked up. He is held in great affection.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Thank you Mr D! Its a start. Spanner crab for me and Wagui beef with Lemon curd to follow (why Eureka???)

Watched the live stream but unfortunately whoever was operating camera didn't switch to the big screen to see who got what points and any of the highlights until about two thirds through. Naturally I had complained .... oh well, at least the quality of the stream was very good.

As for Barbie. Might just be the winner of all time of what on earth did you wear to the CC??? Better than the handkerchief point delicate short short frock with the jinormous tote bag over the shoulder. Shorts??????? Wish I had been there for that!

Benny's speech was very heartfelt, which is why we just want to hug him to pieces. I am glad he went out knowing how much he was valued by the hoi poloi..
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Not surprising considering he was the inaugural winner of the Ludwig's Future Stars Award. Look out for George Hewett (2nd winner) next year. His star is rising.
    Twinkle, twinkle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Twinkle, twinkle.
    Oh my. George has a new nickname. Twinkle it is.

The Tom Derickx Inaugural 'Is He Really An AFL Footballer' Award

In Reverse Order:

5. Michael Talia. Following in the lisfranc impaired footsteps of Dane Swan. Can he win a Brownlow?

4. Jack Hiscox. Did we really match Freo's bid?

3. Callum Sinclair. Stretchergate.

2. Dean Towers. Lost 2 games off his own boot.

And the winner is:

1. Zeroes Galloway. Say you've never heard of him. That's why he's the winner.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast