Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bob Skilton Medal

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Tom Derickx Inaugural 'Is He Really An AFL Footballer' Award

In Reverse Order:

5. Michael Talia. Following in the lisfranc impaired footsteps of Dane Swan. Can he win a Brownlow?

4. Jack Hiscox. Did we really match Freo's bid?

3. Callum Sinclair. Stretchergate.

2. Dean Towers. Lost 2 games off his own boot.

And the winner is:

1. Zeroes Galloway. Say you've never heard of him. That's why he's the winner.
    Zeros Galloway: is he related to Paul 'binary' Chambers? Binary because his stats sheets were a collection of 0s with the occasional 1.

C'mon, give the jokes about Gallloway a rest. He's a very young man from country NSW, who was a speculative pick as a Category B rookie because he had only started playing AFL in his late teens. Beatson said from the start that he was a 'raw' talent but thought he was worth a try particularly because he is very tall (close to Sandilands' height). They've clearly concluded he's not going to make it but he's cost us very little and hasn't kept any other player off the list. Hopefully Kyle will keep on playing AFL in a local comp. as an improved player and pass on some of the things he has learned at the Swans. None of that should make him the butt of jokes in my view.

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    C'mon, give the jokes about Gallloway a rest. He's a very young man from country NSW, who was a speculative pick as a Category B rookie because he had only started playing AFL in his late teens. Beatson said from the start that he was a 'raw' talent but thought he was worth a try particularly because he is very tall (close to Sandilands' height). They've clearly concluded he's not going to make it but he's cost us very little and hasn't kept any other player off the list. Hopefully Kyle will keep on playing AFL in a local comp. as an improved player and pass on some of the things he has learned at the Swans. None of that should make him the butt of jokes in my view.
    I like your style Meg.

I admire & respect all who have been on the Swans list at any stage, even if they only played ressies (though I'd obviously rate some higher than others). They way I look at it, the very bottom player on our list pushes the next player up to be better. The guy who has been a senior emergency 5 times but not cracked the senior side has pushed the guy who managed to play one game to be good enough to play that one game. They've all contributed to the Club I love in some way, & I appreciate that.
    Well, perhaps not the guys of the 80s & 90s who were drafter but never came. I guess they didn't contribute a lot.

Senior Player
    Likewise Jack Hiscox. He went to school with & played against & with one of my young guys in junior and state zone footy and at
    a SFL club for many years and is totally decent young fella. Sure his one AFL game was poor. But so what. Every week we have experienced guys that have @@@@ games. He has busted his ass trying to be a better footballer, but it's probably not going to happen
    for him. People should just leave off. It's poor form.

Last edited by KTigers; 9th October 2016 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    I like your style Meg.
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I admire & respect all who have been on the Swans list at any stage, even if they only played ressies (though I'd obviously rate some higher than others). They way I look at it, the very bottom player on our list pushes the next player up to be better. The guy who has been a senior emergency 5 times but not cracked the senior side has pushed the guy who managed to play one game to be good enough to play that one game. They've all contributed to the Club I love in some way, & I appreciate that.
    Well, perhaps not the guys of the 80s & 90s who were drafter but never came. I guess they didn't contribute a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Likewise Jack Hiscox. He went to school with & played against & with one of my young guys in junior and state zone footy and at
    a SFL club for many years and is totally decent young fella. Sure his one AFL game was poor. But so what. Every week we have experienced guys that have @@@@ games. He has busted his ass trying to be a better footballer, but it's probably not going to happen
    for him. People should just leave off. It's poor form.
    Jeez, I didn't realise how badly demoralised and gutted the Grand Final loss has left so many supporters. I'm truly sorry. All I could think of was myself and how I would face next year without Tom Derickx. The thought occurred to me that we might be so good that we might not have anyone qualified to be a whipping boy. I might even have to join Barry and start deriding Macca. We live in troubled times.

I take it all back. I applaud you 2-Hit Galloway. Good luck on your modeling career.

Maybe one day we can laugh at ourselves again.

9f77658633b235567e484e24018efbfd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Jeez, I didn't realise how badly demoralised and gutted the Grand Final loss has left so many supporters. I'm truly sorry. All I could think of was myself and how I would face next year without Tom Derickx. The thought occurred to me that we might be so good that we might not have anyone qualified to be a whipping boy. I might even have to join Barry and start deriding Macca. We live in troubled times.

I take it all back. I applaud you 2-Hit Galloway. Good luck on your modeling career.

Maybe one day we can laugh at ourselves again.

9f77658633b235567e484e24018efbfd.jpg
    Imagine if the players were as sensitive when people post about them, as people on RWO can be when other community member post replies that they disagree with

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Imagine if the players were as sensitive when people post about them, as people on RWO can be when other community member post replies that they disagree with
    The sledging that goes on within a team environment would shock some RWO members. What we do on here is quite mild by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I can help you out a little here Primmy, but no good on who wore what, except that mrs d looked pretty good. Oh, and we had Barbie at our table togged out in white top, short shorts and six inch platform shoes with red trim, topped off with amazing multicoloured hair and red and white flowers.
    She pretty much wears the same on game day. You'd think she would have made an effort... it WAS dress up nice, after all.
    There was another "much older" lady wearing a suit made out of what appeared to be a swans flag. Tacky. To say the least.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    She pretty much wears the same on game day. You'd think she would have made an effort... it WAS dress up nice, after all.
    There was another "much older" lady wearing a suit made out of what appeared to be a swans flag. Tacky. To say the least.
    Thats more like it. Details! Mr D did you see the Swans Flat suit? I've a mind to put a bright red streak in my snow white hair, but haven't been game enough yet.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Thats more like it. Details! Mr D did you see the Swans Flat suit? I've a mind to put a bright red streak in my snow white hair, but haven't been game enough yet.
    I couldn't fault a single WAG. They all looked absolutely stunning.
    Mrs Kennedy lead the pack.

There was one unfortunate soul who wore a lace, strapless, barely frontless dress.
    It was a LOT of hard work keeping it all together.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    There was one unfortunate soul who wore a lace, strapless, barely frontless dress.
    It was a LOT of hard work keeping it all together.
    Don't forget that Tom Derickx is a fashion model, so he can get away with it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast