Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 73 to 81 of 81

Thread: AFLs review of Grand Final finds umpiring was not up to the standard expected

  1. #73
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    949
    Meh, it was a pre-season match. That will never happen in a home and away match much less a Grand Final..... oh, wait.

  2. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    The 2016 was basically the beginning of the end of my love for AFL.

    If it was Collingwood, Richmond or Essendon on the end of that umpiring they’d probably have had a royal commission into Jefferey, Meredith n Stevic.

    If that was a Cricket World Cup final the First thing the media would have highlighted was the possible collusion between umpires n bookmakers.

    But in hindsight I’m not surprised one bit, it’s the AFL where the game is run so amateurishly run sfa was done about it.
    +100.

    I lost most of my passion for the game that day and I still feel naucious thinking about it. I can tolerate losing a game because you're outplayed or had terrible luck, but the pathetic or corrupt umpiring in that game changed the result.

    I wouldn't be at all surprised if whistle blower came out over the next couple of decades stating that Gillon gave a brown paper bag to Scott Jeffery (or was it Simon Meredith)

  3. #75
    Notwithstanding the bias, even the members of the Swans team that day would admit they played reactionary, apathatic and lethargic football.
    The Dogs were riding high on adrenaline after an amazing month of footy (and free kicks).
    The game remains exhilarating.

  4. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Notwithstanding the bias, even the members of the Swans team that day would admit they played reactionary, apathatic and lethargic football.
    The Dogs were riding high on adrenaline after an amazing month of footy (and free kicks).
    The game remains exhilarating.
    We peaked in the prelim v Geelong. We played as well as I've ever seen us that night. Timing is everything they say.

  5. #77
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Notwithstanding the bias, even the members of the Swans team that day would admit they played reactionary, apathatic and lethargic football.
    The Dogs were riding high on adrenaline after an amazing month of footy (and free kicks).
    The game remains exhilarating.
    Only for Dogs fans and those that hate the Swans....I will never watch it again....ever.

  6. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    +100.

    I lost most of my passion for the game that day and I still feel naucious thinking about it. I can tolerate losing a game because you're outplayed or had terrible luck, but the pathetic or corrupt umpiring in that game changed the result.

    I wouldn't be at all surprised if whistle blower came out over the next couple of decades stating that Gillon gave a brown paper bag to Scott Jeffery (or was it Simon Meredith)
    This is an organisation that tried to sweep a sistamatic club doping program under the carpet. That tells you everything.

    I only watch very occasionally now. Probably will see more as I get Foxtel reconnected for the World Cup. But as soon as that’s over it’ll be disconnected.

  7. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Notwithstanding the bias, even the members of the Swans team that day would admit they played reactionary, apathatic and lethargic football.
    The Dogs were riding high on adrenaline after an amazing month of footy (and free kicks).
    The game remains exhilarating.
    There’s nothing exhilarating about a game that has the umpires whistle skewed towards one side.

    Whether that be due to incompetence or corruption.

  8. #80
    Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    There’s nothing exhilarating about a game that has the umpires whistle skewed towards one side.

    Whether that be due to incompetence or corruption.
    Incompetence ??They are suppose to be the best umpires in the land, so incompetence should not be an issue. It was corrupt and Swans will never win a flag while Gil M runs the show. That's why I only take a passing interest in the game today.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Incompetence ??They are suppose to be the best umpires in the land, so incompetence should not be an issue. It was corrupt and Swans will never win a flag while Gil M runs the show. That's why I only take a passing interest in the game today.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I put both down as most would pick one or the other but personally I think it was a combination of both.

    If you want to influence a game you pick who is most likely to not perform to the expected standard. Corruption and incompetence.

    I’m exactly the same. Soft spot for Sydney with a very small interest in the AFL.

    I’ll never turn back to the AFL being my number 1 Australian Rules fix. It’s a league designed to keep Melbourne clubs afloat and provide an income for the administration which is basically a boys club.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO