Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flaw with the Swans Culture

I think the number of debutantes as a factor is greatly overlooked. Having said that I do think we need to introduce more programs to counter the Melbourne centric nature of AFL. Whether that is getting media to pre-empt umpire bias such as allowing Footscray to go low, or throw the ball, to having staff in Melbourne to maintain an influence. Perhaps these types of things happen already, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    i would say its hardly a flaw in our culture.. its our culture that has brought to us 18 finals series in the last 21 years, the most of any club, considering we dont bottom out...
    We arguably overachieved this year considering when you normally introduce 7 debutants most teams are in rebuild mode...
    i would say its our culture that allows our team to continually defy the odds....
    our team surprised all.. however the melb centric media didnt really give our teams as much credit it deserved this year because of the bulldogs fairy tale run....
    since 05 we have have won 2 of 5 and really 06 could have gone either way considering we had no where near the talent of the weagles...14 was just a bad timing to run into the might of the wees and poos...however i think this year was a lost opportunity. we made the big dance and thats all you can ask...
    I am proud of the culture the club has built....hopefully we will see the rewards in the coming years....
    Broadly agree with this.

There were 2 Swans teams in the finals - Week 1 and Week 4; Week 2 and Week 3.

The Week 1/Week 4 team was in the 2014 Grand Final while the Week 2/Week 3 team was in the 2012 Grand Final.
    I don't altogether agree with this - you are not giving enough credit to the opposition.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    I agree Liz, little mention of Buddy's injury yet he is the main player in our team.
    Though considerable mention of Hamling's 'brilliant' performance even though he had an opponent who was mostly hobbled.

On one level though, hats off to Footscray. They somehow managed to handle the occasion exceptionally well. I assumed that their GF inexperience would bring them undone, that they would freeze and fumble, but it never happened.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Though considerable mention of Hamling's 'brilliant' performance even though he had an opponent who was mostly hobbled.
    This continued crap reporting makes me sick......and now he's shopping around for more money. Talk about believing your own press! Next year, I hope Buddy smashes him (figuratively speaking of course!), whoever he's playing for.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 12th October 2016 at 06:27 PM.

Buddy doesn't like it when defenders talk up their performance against him Dale Morris is the perfect example in 2008.

Leaving the dogs is the best thing for Hamling they have Marcus Adams and Kieran Collins that play the same position.

'I'll drop eight on him': The day Buddy predicted carnage - AFL.com.au

I didn't say there was anything wrong with our culture. I love the Swans culture
    Just saying there is a time to be cocky and not give the opposition a sniff. Had it been a blowout and we won by 10 goals everyone would have been happy. Us obviously and the Dogs fans would have been thrilled to see their side in a Grand Final especially since they'd come from 7th.

If there was ever a Premiership for the taking it was this one....

Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    If there was ever a Premiership for the taking it was this one....
    That's true. & it was taken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12