Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

Beat Camden convincingly as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Any update from the weekends practise matches?
    Is anyone from North Shore able to give some feedback on losing to the Swans Academy by 10 goals - surely not at full strength?
    I went to the game and I am not sure of the strength of North Shore. I recognized a few prems players. The swans team is well ahead of the bombers in preparation as they play GWS in a couple of weeks time as part of the Div 2 state comp. As a result they were sharper and a bit quicker.

Overall it was a good game, with good physical intensity, and I think North Shore enjoyed the hitout. Given all the swans players are aligned with a prems team, the swans team is almost an under 18s prems rep side anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    I've heard July. Last game is scheduled for 29/7. So hopefully not before that!!

Last game on the on old deck and the old club rooms is vs St George. Should be a cracking day.
    Your view on playing on a synthetic pitch?

A genuine question before the usual knobs abuse me....

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    I disagree, North Shore have to be raging Favourites they have recruited heavily and were not far off with their team from last year.
    They have recruited Erol Sertbas. He came from North Shore and has been a regular in the Sydney Uni NEAFL team for the last few years.
    This is a serious pick-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

The opinion of blokes that have had a run on them is that the latest synthetic stuff is very good. Good to run and land on and plays well. Have also heard it's reduces injuries. Will definitely be a big improvement on Gore Hill from about June on anyway!!

Re Erol Sertbas - good in for sure. Jack Campbell and Zach Fyffe also back from Sydney Uni. Fyffe might be playing a bit of NEAFL though.

Got a few other ins too, but win a few lose a few. 3 have gone interstate, one or two o/s and looks like 6 or 7 possibly at Sydney Uni NEAFL, plus 5 or 6 at the Swans. That'll test depth for sure.

Love us finally being in the conversation, but you'd think we'd have to show a fair bit before we'd get alongside ECE or St George for flag favouritism. St George beat us by plenty in the prelim and were comfortably beaten themselves by ECE, so we've got a lot of improving to do.

Flag favourites have to be ECE, especially with Stubbs back, then St George. Agree the comp should be more even this year too, so outside of those two, no guarantees for the 5.

I think this season will be more even on a number of fronts, St George from reports very fit lost a few and gained some, ECE the same, North Shore the recruiting from all accounts has been driven very hard and they were up there last year, Wests gained some quality so will be a much better team, Easts apart from losing a lot to NEAFL have done very well with some good young ins to the club, Pennant Hills always competive, Manly no one has reall heard much there got a gun coach just unsure on the cattle, UTS always a lot of ins and outs and Syd Uni with influx of kids and payers trying to play NEAFL will be interesting how many are there for the Prems side. I think it will be a lot close for all teams this season which is a good thing

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

has it been approved???? I haven't heard of any senior footy in Australia been played on it?

2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    I think this season will be more even on a number of fronts, St George from reports very fit lost a few and gained some, ECE the same, North Shore the recruiting from all accounts has been driven very hard and they were up there last year, Wests gained some quality so will be a much better team, Easts apart from losing a lot to NEAFL have done very well with some good young ins to the club, Pennant Hills always competive, Manly no one has reall heard much there got a gun coach just unsure on the cattle, UTS always a lot of ins and outs and Syd Uni with influx of kids and payers trying to play NEAFL will be interesting how many are there for the Prems side. I think it will be a lot close for all teams this season which is a good thing
    I guess the other question that goes with all this is, is Premier Division, and Sydney AFL more broadly, a stronger comp than say 10 years ago?

We have had about 7 years of Swans and GWS Academy feeding players in to the comp, there has been a lot learnt in terms of better coaching techniques, 6 years of NEAFL, and player development and conditioning knowledge improves continually.

So are the players better? Are the coaches better? Is there more depth? Is The whole competition in Sydney stronger?

An important discussion topic I would have thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andreww1; 14th March 2017 at 08:36 AM.

Just a thought, what is the difference between poaching and recruiting?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    $$$$$
    Who do you reckon has the $$$$$?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    The only difference is which side of the fence you are on.........