Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: 2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    The 3 Campbelltown Junior Clubs have far from Stagnated. In 2015 the Ctown Kangaroos had between 50-60 Players on their books and this year are over 100 already for 2017. Ctown Swans so far have around 120 on their books this year and last year their 12's and 17's won Flags and their Under 11's were Runners up. Ingleburn have resurrected their club around 2013-14, which had ceased to exist except for Auskick and last year had 80-90 players and so far have over 100 Registered for 2017.

From what im told All these clubs have worked extremely hard with little assistance at all from the AFL in terms of recruiting/school visits. Apparently the more you complain and whinge the more help you get but that's always been the way and not in everyone's nature
    Not sure where your getting your info Nuttsy but a meting with our Area Manager at the AFL indicated numbers show otherwise as we often speak about ways to recruit and retain our players. Ingleburn had around the 70 player mark in 2016 and are only at 55 at current, Campbelltown Swans at around 115 in 2016 and only 90 at the moment, Sth Campbelltown were at 75 last year and a tick over at the moment. These did not include Auskickers, Just 9s - 17s, which indicate for these three clubs that they have stagnated somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Not sure where your getting your info Nuttsy but a meting with our Area Manager at the AFL indicated numbers show otherwise as we often speak about ways to recruit and retain our players. Ingleburn had around the 70 player mark in 2016 and are only at 55 at current, Campbelltown Swans at around 115 in 2016 and only 90 at the moment, Sth Campbelltown were at 75 last year and a tick over at the moment. These did not include Auskickers, Just 9s - 17s, which indicate for these three clubs that they have stagnated somewhat.
    My info comes from the clubs themselves. My kids play at one so obviously I see those each week. The numbers I gave are accurate for this year and I was comparing numbers now to 3/4 years ago as per your original comment that those clubs had stagnated since then.

Warming the Bench
    Anyone shed some light for a number of transfer from SWS to Camden of late? is that under 19s?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Anyone shed some light for a number of transfer from SWS to Camden of late? is that under 19s?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    We were out at Rouse Hill one Saturday when they were showcasing the academy as part of a big Baulko day.
    It looked mighty impressive and well-organised to us.

Oh wait just actually read it. Its 2 clubs now. How many clubs are in their zone?

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526