Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Not on their payroll anymore Pekay?
    ABN issues.

So the Giants pull the pin and the first casualty is their marquee signing... Pekay.
    It's the beginning of the end for an esteemed and respected club.

Up here on holiday on the banks of the Daintree River in far north QLD and the word comes through that the new coach of Baulko is to be ........... Jamie Vlatko.
    I have no particular issue with that,other than to say there might be a budgetary benefit on that choice. Dunno really.
    You have to wish him well with the challenge that awaits,and the high bar that he has to leap over.
    All the best, Jamie Vlatko

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    And how good is it to see the name of that grand old contributor MUG PUNTER with those incisive and well researched Alan Jones impersonations......not !
    You really are a knob aren't you.

- - - Updated - - -

So the Giants pull the pin and the first casualty is their marquee signing... Pekay.
    It's the beginning of the end for an esteemed and respected club.
    Was that an attempt at humour?

Up here on holiday on the banks of the Daintree River in far north QLD and the word comes through that the new coach of Baulko is to be ........... Jamie Vlatko.
    I have no particular issue with that,other than to say there might be a budgetary benefit on that choice. Dunno really.
    You have to wish him well with the challenge that awaits,and the high bar that he has to leap over.
    All the best, Jamie Vlatko
    Budgetary you must be in the know???

Did most of my dough by betting against Baulko in the GF.
    But I'll do it again next year and hope for a different result..!

Nick Salter is a fine pickup for Wests. I have watched him play a bit of NEAFL, and in Canberra AFL, and he goes ok. Solid,skilful and disciplined, but I think he might be a mighty big fish in the tiny Magpie pond. We shall see.
    We can only hope that Nick Salter is more of a Paul Bevan than a Gerrard Bennett !
    Whats the background to Nick Salter? I assume he has moved to Sydney for work and is after some coin and found that Wests is one of the few clubs able to accommodate. Is that correct?

I don't know any more than you. Perhaps you've nailed it.
    What interests me more is how a player with those credentials will fit with the game plan. Perhaps a gun player will make it easier to get a coach.

I don't know any more than you. Perhaps you've nailed it.
    What interests me more is how a player with those credentials will fit with the game plan. Perhaps a gun player will make it easier to get a coach.
    If I was running Wests I'd put the money in to building up and attracting some quality juniors who will have some loyalty to the club and stay and play for 10 years. Clubs need depth to play finals and win GFs, so attracting one player who has no loyalty to the club beyond the coin he receives is not the answer. It is not as if they are in a premiership window and need Salter to open it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    If I was running Wests I'd put the money in to building up and attracting some quality juniors who will have some loyalty to the club and stay and play for 10 years. Clubs need depth to play finals and win GFs, so attracting one player who has no loyalty to the club beyond the coin he receives is not the answer. It is not as if they are in a premiership window and need Salter to open it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, wests in the long run would be better investing the money into its juniors. Once the money stops flowing to the individuals they move on

Would have to disagree, getting someone of that calibre into the squad can only help, not just on game day, but with training etc. Especially when you consider that the Wests squad is quite young.

2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

Quote Originally Posted by skaterboi1973 View Post
    Would have to disagree, getting someone of that calibre into the squad can only help, not just on game day, but with training etc. Especially when you consider that the Wests squad is quite young.
    But Wests have been doing that for years and when was the last time they made finals? Paul Bevan was a much better player than Salter and they had a much better list then compared to now and they still missed out on finals. Why would it be any better this time?
    Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing repeatedly but expecting a different result?
    Unless they do something differently they'll still be in the same position in 5 years time, or maybe in an even worse position if they keep finishing last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast