Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    I agree, wests in the long run would be better investing the money into its juniors. Once the money stops flowing to the individuals they move on
    I think you might be right. Their top few players are very good, and I'm thinking of Mumme, the full forward (forgot his name now that it's off season!), Etto, Lemme and Robinson. But they fall away a bit after that.
    So it's all very well to get a good recruit but they really need to be building up the depth.

A reason I think we did so well this year was our depth. In div1 finals 21/22 players had played prems within the last 2 years.

There's no denying bringing in quality players will help, but as one of the boys said "there's a few players in that team who wouldn't make our reserves".

2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    A reason I think we did so well this year was our depth. In div1 finals 21/22 players had played prems within the last 2 years.

There's no denying bringing in quality players will help, but as one of the boys said "there's a few players in that team who wouldn't make our reserves".
    The issue is though do you take a short term view (buy a few good players) or a long term view (develop your juniors). Given the short term approach for Wests hasn't worked I reckon it is time they looked at a longer term strategy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andreww1; 4th November 2016 at 05:21 PM.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    I think you might be right. Their top few players are very good, and I'm thinking of Mumme, the full forward (forgot his name now that it's off season!), Etto, Lemme and Robinson. But they fall away a bit after that.
    So it's all very well to get a good recruit but they really need to be building up the depth.
    Not to mention their reserves side regularly fielded 17 to 20 playerss at the end of the season (at home) and i think even forfeited an away game if i remeber correctly.

Who's got the coaching job at Goannas for next season ? And whatever happened to the fella sitting by himself under the light tower at their GF ?

Enough of the cryptic crap man, name names, no one knows who you are anyway so you'll slide along scot free. Who was under what light tower at what GF?

He's talking about Jewy isn't he? What GF did goannas make?

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    He's talking about Jewy isn't he? What GF did goannas make?
    Yeah, my mistake sorry. It was the Elimination final.
    Bit of strife in the sheds on the day and a prominent Goanna found himself with all his friends on the outer, much to the amusement of those of us in the stand.
    Someone told me they thought the 2017 coaching gig had not yet been finalised, but I am wondering if someone has heard more.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 9th November 2016 at 08:13 PM.

That makes more sense!

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Yeah, my mistake sorry. It was the Elimination final.
    Bit of strife in the sheds on the day and a prominent Goanna found himself with all his friends on the outer, much to the amusement of those of us in the stand.
    Someone told me they thought the 2017 coaching gig had not yet been finalised, but I am wondering if someone has heard more.
    I heard he was done coaching and playing, sitting on 13 weeks. Parra threw some more coin in his direction and now i understand he's only coacing for 2017 and not playing (13 weeks).

Rumour has it that Peter Physick has given up the throne at Baulko. For good. l believe that it might be true.
    Tell you what....whatever you think of Baulko, you have to respect the work he has put in, and wish him well for his "retirement".
    I'm tipping that he will follow in the footsteps of other retirees and become permanent timekeeper, like they have done at North Shore, Penno, Uni Bulldogs, Dragons, Wests.
    Well done Peter Physick !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steiger View Post
    I heard he was done coaching and playing, sitting on 13 weeks. Parra threw some more coin in his direction and now i understand he's only coacing for 2017 and not playing (13 weeks).
    Yeah, but do coaching suspension weeks get added to playing suspension weeks ? Or can you run two tallies ? That was the question being asked in the grandstand at the Elimination Final.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast