Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Rumour has it that Peter Physick has given up the throne at Baulko. For good. l believe that it might be true.
    Tell you what....whatever you think of Baulko, you have to respect the work he has put in, and wish him well for his "retirement".
    I'm tipping that he will follow in the footsteps of other retirees and become permanent timekeeper, like they have done at North Shore, Penno, Uni Bulldogs, Dragons, Wests.
    Well done Peter Physick !

- - - Updated - - -
    Absolutely. Oscar deserves his retirement if that is what he is doing.

No secret there guys, although just a quick clarification. I "gave up the throne" at Baulko 16 years ago. This time it is retiring from the East Coast Eagles Board .... ????

The 2016 Eagles Year Book has that story and all its usual good reports and stats.

You can read it all here at http://eastcoasteagles.com.au/wp-con...Book-Final.pdf

Regular in the Side
    Oscar, don't retire. You should take over the league. Love them or hate them, ECE have been the bench mark of the Sydney AFL for years now. Experience and knowledge like that doesn't grow on trees.

Almost Football Legend
    The Eagles were in a pretty desperate situation a couple of years ago; but they look more secure now. Enjoy your "retirement" from the board Oscar - it's well-earned. I'm sure we'll still be seeing you round the traps on game day.....

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Enjoy retirement. Did have a read of the eagles year book. Found this interesting

"The Fighting Fund also continues to be well supported which is allowing the club to continue to meet its long term debt obligations. It is a major help to the club and it is still required each year to ensure we can self support the debt owed and run the club separately. All of which means that all income we generate outside of the FF is focused on the club and its operations. It is critical that we do not lose sight of the Fighting Fund as it is crucial to help us grow in all areas of the club"

The academy stuff looked good, especially with the trip away. However, is it just linked to one club? Does that run the risk of alienating your other junior clubs?

I see Manly have announced the appointment of Michael Ford
    New Senior Coach - Manly Warringah Giants - SportsTG
    as their Prems coach, don't know him but would expect him to bring some talent with him.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    The academy stuff looked good, especially with the trip away. However, is it just linked to one club? Does that run the risk of alienating your other junior clubs?
    The academy is actually the Kellyville Rouse Hill Magpies Academy supported by ECE. I believe there are plans in place to expand this academy and invite players from other local junior clubs (Baulkho etc) to participate.

Already some great inclusions at some clubs. New Manly coach is a huge pick up for the league and also the signing of Nick Salter at Wests. He would be one of the best players that I saw playing in the NEAFL. An absolute jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    I see Manly have announced the appointment of Michael Ford
    New Senior Coach - Manly Warringah Giants - SportsTG
    as their Prems coach, don't know him but would expect him to bring some talent with him.
    That's a well decorated CV.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Freedman View Post
    ... and also the signing of Nick Salter at Wests. He would be one of the best players that I saw playing in the NEAFL. An absolute jet.
    Apparently his back is buggered and he's not up to it anymore.
    But I seem to recall that that was the story with Gus Seebeck as well, but he went pretty well anyway, didn't he ?

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    And how good is it to see the name of that grand old contributor MUG PUNTER with those incisive and well researched Alan Jones impersonations......not !
    If i could have just hit a like button i would have

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    That's a well decorated CV.
    You would think that CV would come with a hefty price tag as well.

"...And how good is it to see the name of that grand old contributor MUG PUNTER with those incisive and well researched Alan Jones impersonations......not !..."

Quote Originally Posted by flaptrap View Post
    If i could have just hit a like button i would have
    OK, but remember that sign they have on the cages at the zoo - "DON'T POKE THE BEAR !"

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast