Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

Warming the Bench
    im hearing McConnell and a few others are off to North Shore, talk of the town is the money is coming out

Jack Dimery will be a handy in for our NEAFL side. I'd imagine he will stay at ECE as his PD club but I doubt they'll be seeing too much of him.

Warming the Bench
    Another few solid recruits over the last week or so.

I have it on very good authority that former SANFL and NEAFL key position player Steven Pollock will be playing coach of UNSWES. Unsure if this has been announced anywhere else as yet.

Trent Stubbs returns to East Coast. Wests have picked up another gun in Daniel O'Connell from the NEAFL. North Shore have recruited Kyle Devlin who will be one of the best midfielders in the competition next year. He was very stiff not to get drafted when he was younger.

Shaping up nicely for a few clubs.

Interesting approach by North Shore if the above rumours are true. Looks like they are trying to buy a premiership. More a reflection of their fundraising ability than their ability to coach and develop players from their area. Bit of a slap in the face to all the juniors they have brought to the club in recent years. I wonder how many ex-juniors they will lose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    Interesting approach by North Shore if the above rumours are true. Looks like they are trying to buy a premiership. More a reflection of their fundraising ability than their ability to coach and develop players from their area. Bit of a slap in the face to all the juniors they have brought to the club in recent years. I wonder how many ex-juniors they will lose?

Good point, awesome club and full credit to them for their finances and success. However they are stacked with really good juniors (look at their under 19s win) a number of whom were capable last year of playing prems but couldn't get a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post

Considering they just played in 3 u19 grand finals in a row its a bit unfair to say they aren't trying to develop players as a number of those boys also saw time in the premier division / reserve grade sides including finals

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    Considering they just played in 3 u19 grand finals in a row its a bit unfair to say they aren't trying to develop players as a number of those boys also saw time in the premier division side including finals
    I think that's what andrew was getting at. Why would they all hang around to play div 2 because the club has bought players? I guess some will hang around for the occasional game through injuries and stuff, but will be interesting to see how many they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    Considering they just played in 3 u19 grand finals in a row its a bit unfair to say they aren't trying to develop players as a number of those boys also saw time in the premier division / reserve grade sides including finals
    No question that they are developing their u19s, and based on their success in that comp you would have to say better than anyone else in the league. But by buying players in from other clubs and comps many won't get the chance to develop further by playing regularly in Premier Div. They therefore risk the chance of them going to other clubs. You can only fit 22 in to Prems each week, so the rest will play Div 2.

2017��..In the words of Big Kev�I am excited,

Surely 2017 is shaping as the most even year, in the Premier Division, in recent years (at least the last 10 years)
    1. Baulko � losing few, but will gain a couple and be top 3
    2. St George � another strong year � this could be their year � my favorite for the Premiership
    3. North Shore � could be Sydney AFL flag favorites, an amazing turnaround in the last 5 years
    4. UTS � who knows?, but always competitive. Based on who moves to Sydney from SA or the Amo�s could be 6th to Prems
    5. Penno � could be on the slide
    6. Manly � outstanding coach appointment, but will players follow
    7. Wests � hearing lots of good things from Picken the Smokey this year
    8. UNSW �great coach, and if there young players come on who knows.
    9. Sydney Uni � again who knows, continue to do amazing recruiting for the NEAFL team, and if that depth flows through to Prems could be 9 to 3 � but that�s about as high as they could go

Basically who the �f� knows this year. Very exciting for the completion!

What are your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Jack Dimery will be a handy in for our NEAFL side. I'd imagine he will stay at ECE as his PD club but I doubt they'll be seeing too much of him.
    Be sure to use the shirtless waterfall pic of him when you mention his name in an article.

Again and again.

I'll make sure that the website guy gets the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Be sure to use the shirtless waterfall pic of him when you mention his name in an article.

Again and again.

Oscar can help, it was used ad nauseum on the Eagles page over the last few months.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast