Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
Results 277 to 288 of 307

Thread: 2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

  1. #277

    2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Saviour I have a question as Ive also heard that young Roosy will be flown up for ten games plus finals and this was a little while ago from a non Sydney AFL or AFL source who I believe has reliable information. My question is what is the logic given that St George promote developing their juniors and dont pay players? Surely he is taking the spot of a local and who is paying given no obvious heartfelt connection to the red and white?

    BTW I dont think you have a fixation on Camden rather you were using them as an example to prove your info shared here previously was on the money. However as Giants said JL will happily divulge their reason behind the big fellas departute. I cant comment on what happened but understand.

    Also I believe the games tomorrow at Camden are off due to weather.
    Tara I can absolutely guarantee you that neither Dylan Roos, or any other player at StGeorge, is being paid in cash or in kind. It is not our culture. Maybe he just likes what St George has to offer him as a club. Not everyone is solely motivated by money.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andreww1; 17th March 2017 at 10:44 PM.

  2. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Saviour I have a question as Ive also heard that young Roosy will be flown up for ten games plus finals and this was a little while ago from a non Sydney AFL or AFL source who I believe has reliable information. My question is what is the logic given that St George promote developing their juniors and dont pay players? Surely he is taking the spot of a local and who is paying given no obvious heartfelt connection to the red and white?

    BTW I dont think you have a fixation on Camden rather you were using them as an example to prove your info shared here previously was on the money. However as Giants said JL will happily divulge their reason behind the big fellas departute. I cant comment on what happened but understand.

    Also I believe the games tomorrow at Camden are off due to weather.
    I know nothing about it really. I saw his name in clearances the other day and asked a couple of people and Mudge said he was coming. A google search shows he went to Melb a couple of years ago, but as you prob know I have very little idea about players outside of our club with my background in rugby league. As div 4 coach he really isnt on my radar anyway.

    That said, Andreww as VP would know and that sounds pretty definitive.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    Is it untrue - yep!!

    Sorry if I'm undermining your rally cry for round 1, but saying something that's untrue over and over doesn't make it true!! It's just boring.

    Something else to agree with Barra on, Manly will be competitive. Plenty of good players there and a different voice to freshen them up. I reckon only 2 teams solid for prems top five, ECE and St G, with everyone else having a shot at the other 3 spots.

    Makes it interesting!!
    Bomber l take my hat off to you. You are correct when you say "by saying something that's untrue over and over doesn't make it true!! " I appreciate your honesty. Btw you do have 8 interstaters coming in from serious comps outside Sydney. interestingly that none are from the same comp. Which means many players must know how inviting you all are at bomberland? It must be like the neverland ranch where people will do anything to get in. You have 9 players on the neafl list that are linked backed to you + 8 interstaters + 6 from other Sydney clubs +plus your core group of 11. so my original question doesn't seem that far fetched. Where will you fit the kids in?

  3. #279
    Where do UTS get all the players from with no junior feeding system? I looked them up, they have 5 mens team and one women's team.

  4. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    Where do UTS get all the players from with no junior feeding system? I looked them up, they have 5 mens team and one women's team.
    Typically interstate (SA) and a lot of Irish. If you move to Sydney you are probably going to live in the Eastern Suburbs/city and most play for them.

    How many of the team are locals?

  5. #281
    I hear that Camden and Sth West Sydney have had to JV in the 19/2 comp because of numbers.
    Doesn't paint a good picture for growth in the Sth West.

  6. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    I hear that Camden and Sth West Sydney have had to JV in the 19/2 comp because of numbers.
    Doesn't paint a good picture for growth in the Sth West.
    That is correct.
    The AFL should be targeting those growth areas with extra promotion to schools and the community as well as helping the clubs ensure they have good admin and good coaching to ensure any new recruits enjoy their AFL experience.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. #283
    Interesting with Roos to St George. What has happened to the u/19s team that won in 2014 were are these players. For a club that doesn't pay players I'm sure Roos isn't funding his own way up here to play.

  8. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Footy bystander View Post
    What has happened to the u/19s team that won in 2014 were are these players.
    Was bored so looked it up. AFL Sydney Match Centre - SportsTG

    Waters, Sanderson, Anu, Stek, Tegg, Blecheff, He, Nabaki, Murray, Hill, Maldigri, Orr, Cooper, Rowlands still at the club. Interesting that Stek won a div 2 flag in 2012 and then won u19s in 2014. Expect a big year from him in div 4.

    Guthrie and Jones played a couple of div 4 games last year but not really interested unlike their older brothers. Claridge retired. Swanson got K.O'd and the north shore player got 4 weeks suspension but can't play again.

    Mcgrillen, Price, Kolster Kilpatrick - Price and Kolster are still playing back down in the gong where they are from. Kilpatrick and Kolster are playing interstate.

    By my count, those players still at the club have combined for 298 Div 1 games and 67 Prem games (not including guys like Kilpatrick who played prems in 2015). Also have to factor in that 13 were still under 19s in 2015 and 4 in 2016.

  9. #285
    I can't really speak for the growth of AFL across the South West in its entirety but the Camden junior club is going gangbusters at the moment and will most certainly result in some strong years ahead for the senior club.

    In 2015 we had 121 players (9s-17s) registered with 1 under 17s side, in 2016 we had 194 players Registered (9s-15s, NO U17s) with 1 x 19s team for the senior club, the fact that we had No 17s team last year is part the reason why I believe the 19s have had to JV with South West as there were no kids filtering through. In 2017 currently we have 243 players registered (9s-17s) with 2 x 17s teams. We are working closely with the senior club to provide the best pathway and experience for the 17s to want to continue with their footy journey and play with the Cats in 2018.

    Its NO secret that the housing development and growth in our area is huge, so if 100% growth of the junior club in the past 2 years is anything to go by footy in Camden is looking healthy in the number space for the future. Will just have to see how good some of the talent coming through is.

  10. #286
    Almost Football Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bay 7 / Aisle 106
    Posts
    2,509
    It's not all bad news for Camden. They've had a late nomination for a women's team accepted.
    Australian Football. It's what makes our country great.

    My thoughts on footy, sport, current events and life in snippets of 140 characters or less - @tealfooty

  11. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I can't really speak for the growth of AFL across the South West in its entirety but the Camden junior club is going gangbusters at the moment and will most certainly result in some strong years ahead for the senior club.

    In 2015 we had 121 players (9s-17s) registered with 1 under 17s side, in 2016 we had 194 players Registered (9s-15s, NO U17s) with 1 x 19s team for the senior club, the fact that we had No 17s team last year is part the reason why I believe the 19s have had to JV with South West as there were no kids filtering through. In 2017 currently we have 243 players registered (9s-17s) with 2 x 17s teams. We are working closely with the senior club to provide the best pathway and experience for the 17s to want to continue with their footy journey and play with the Cats in 2018.

    Its NO secret that the housing development and growth in our area is huge, so if 100% growth of the junior club in the past 2 years is anything to go by footy in Camden is looking healthy in the number space for the future. Will just have to see how good some of the talent coming through is.
    They are pretty impressive stats, well done. Any idea if other clubs nearby are experiencing similar growth. Sounds like this year is a bit of a challenge but having 2 17s teams should help for next year. There is a massive drop-off after Under 17s footy though

    Just out of interest, has GWS provided any tangible assistance over the last two years?

  12. #288
    Not 100% sure about other clubs in the Macarthur but believe Wollondilly are flying and have cracked the 100 player mark in the juniors (9s to 14s boys is their top age + a JV 18s girls team with us). Speaking with their president last week, they sat at only 50 players in 2015, so again huge growth in the past 2 years. I think the 3 Campbelltown junior clubs (Sth Ctown, Ingleburn and Campbelltown) have stagnated somewhat over the past few years with only the Campbelltown Swans fielding a 17s team.

    By GWS do you mean the AFL? We work very closely with the AFL to grow our club. The AFL development team run after school programs in the majority of our Primary schools and recruit very well from them. They also run High school programs in several schools and coordinate the Macarthur Independent schools competition.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO