I came to footy relatively late and have been slowly and then steadily learning and getting more interested for the past 20 years, to the point that I now watch all our matches (live or on tv) and spend on average more than an hour day following football and Swans news, I know all our listed players and something about their back stories and have a fair grip on the rules etc. Still, despite now following with passion and dedication, it's still not the same as growing up with the sport or having played it. One way this manifests is that there are still footy expressions where I am uncertain of their meaning. I daresay this must be true for many others in the same boat as me and for some who, perhaps, are even more recent converts than I, especially given that many Sydney-based Swans fans didn't grow up with the game. So I invite any of you who are wondering 'What is Tiggy Touchwood?' or 'Is there a difference between a banana and a checkside?' to use this forum to ask your questions and get enlightened.

I will get the ball rolling with a couple of questions:

* What is a "required player"? As best I can tell it means a player we don't intend to de-list. One that we'll keep if they don't feel like moving on or we can't get a decent trade for. It doesn't seem to mean a player that there is no chance we'll let go of. Nor does it seem to mean a player in our best 22.

* What does it mean to be "running on top of the ground?" My best estimate is it means to be fit and able to cover a lot of distance running at fair pace during a game - is that right? Whereas if a player has "wheels" it seems to mean they are quick.

Please explain!

The last two questions, I don't really know the answer to. But now I'll throw in a bonuse trivia question that I think I can answer: who can name the plumber, carpenter and electrician amongst the Swans?