Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Season Injury update

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    So he gets a hall pass?
    In the games they have played, I would suggest that Tippett has been worth twice as much. Easily.
    Capture.JPG

Can you point out to me where Kurt is worth 3-400k more than Sam? I will concede we are wasting a large chunk of our salary cap on players that can't stay on the ground. I'd be happy to trade them both.

Quote Originally Posted by bungwahl View Post
    Sam Reid: 2-4 weeks away

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I think 2017 is a huge year for Reid. He needs to get fit, stay fit and fulfill his potential. Otherwise I wonder, should the right replacement be available, whether we might say enough is enough.
    Agree. And didn't we say this at the start of 2016 ... and 2015?? I'm losing patience but also don't see a lot of trade value now.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Capture.JPG

Can you point out to me where Kurt is worth 3-400k more than Sam? I will concede we are wasting a large chunk of our salary cap on players that can't stay on the ground. I'd be happy to trade them both.
    Not if you're only going to look at stats...

- - - Updated - - -

ie: I could bring up a whole different set of stats, that would make him look like a superstar and Reid a bum.
    For starters, lets compare ruck duties...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

For starters, lets compare ruck duties...
    I suppose my point is Tipp is grossly overpaid for the return we get from him. I'd love to see them both play a full season because we really can't afford to carry them both anymore. Tipps ruck stats are the same as Naismith and Naismith earns far less than Tipp.
    Capture7.JPG

Getting AJ and Reid back on the park in 2017 would be AMAZING

On fire again, Lud.

I find it fascinating that there is continues criticism of Tippett, yet Reid seems to just fly on past under the radar.
    ...that's because we rarely see Reid. Tippo, on the other hand, featured in the GF as a log who failed marks, made poor handballs, and did not kick goals. His jaw was wonky but his fitness was passed by our coaches as fit to play. For $900k large per year members are right to question why this over rated player wears a Swans jumper.

I'm a fan of Tippett and NARF of Reid.
    Tippett was great in the ruck until he was injured, and what he did helped us finish top of the ladder.
    Reid's contribution this year was not as fruitful.

I agree Tippett is overpaid, but I guess he pulls it out when a contract is up.

I think the Swans set up has caused both Reid's game (playing him in the back line rather then his natural position in the forward line) and Tippo's forward game (moving him into the ruck) to suffer.
    Swans forward line didn't work as effectively as it should have for much of the year.
    Great to have options to change to if needed, but there should be a backbone of a structure which should pose the most promise and which should be our main avenue of attack.
    this would be Tippett at FF, Buddy at CHF, Papley and McGlynn as small crumbing forwards, etc etc
    The mids should be drilled to work with this set up, but it seems our attack plans were varied and at times not effective.
    Buddy was double teamed in the GF all day. Perfect opportunity for Tippet to stand in the forward 50 and take some marks.
    Whatever we tried, didn't work.
    Longmire stuck with the game plan and had we won, he'd have been a ballsy genius, but since we lost, IMO is seen as scared to change things up to drive something different which may have resulted in a different result.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Buddy played out the year with a shoulder injury, had surgery this week:

Franklin undergoes surgery - sydneyswans.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Buddy played out the year with a shoulder injury, had surgery this week:

Franklin undergoes surgery - sydneyswans.com.au
    Doesn't say when it occurred is it the same shoulder he injured in Round 1 against collingwood?

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post

...that's because we rarely see Reid. Tippo, on the other hand, featured in the GF as a log who failed marks, made poor handballs, and did not kick goals. His jaw was wonky but his fitness was passed by our coaches as fit to play. For $900k large per year members are right to question why this over rated player wears a Swans jumper.
    Absolutely. Can someone set me straight on Tippett's contract.Was it renewed at the same or higher rate or was it still the initial contract just backended ? If a new contract was given our club ( in my opinion ) stuffed up big time on that one.

Big year for both players. One overpaid and one underperforming. One can't help but think that if both let go what we could do with the money it would free up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12