Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy has shoulder surgery.....carried injury through finals.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Veterans List

Buddy has shoulder surgery.....carried injury through finals.

Looks like the early ankle injury wasn't the only thing Buddy had to endure on GF day. This: Buddy carried shoulder injury through finals series - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Looks like the early ankle injury wasn't the only thing Buddy had to endure on GF day. This: Buddy carried shoulder injury through finals series - AFL.com.au
    Really doubt he's in a sling for "four month". For a month, yes. It reads like a basic shoulder stabilisation.
    Not dissimilar to Sam Naismith's (although I don't recall reading specifically what Sam was having done). Should make a full recovery though.

Veterans List
    Yeah, I assumed 'for a month'. Four would be ridiculous.

Warming the Bench
    I have not really noticed it in previous years, but are the swans giving the fans more news regarding post season operations? I understand Buddy is likely to be snapped by the paparazzi and so it's good to give the fans a heads rather than media speculation that he has done something wrong in the off season. But Laidler, Rohan etc - are they trying to hint an injury riddled team leading into the GF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    I have not really noticed it in previous years, but are the swans giving the fans more news regarding post season operations? I understand Buddy is likely to be snapped by the paparazzi and so it's good to give the fans a heads rather than media speculation that he has done something wrong in the off season. But Laidler, Rohan etc - are they trying to hint an injury riddled team leading into the GF?
    I heard from a reliable source that we had our share of injuries going into the GF.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I heard from a reliable source that we had our share of injuries going into the GF.
    Parker looked to be one of those. Although we were told his knee was fine before the GF I doubt that was entirely true given the amount of strapping he had and his relatively low-key performance on the day. However there has been no advice that he has had surgery so perhaps he just needs time to recover.

Clubs and players probably hide injuries from the public fearing the opposition will target that injured part of the body. Taping of Lin Jong's good shoulder was a stroke of comedic genius.

Quote Originally Posted by tlock View Post
    Taping of Lin Jong's good shoulder was a stroke of comedic genius.
    Although I didn't think telling the world about it after the match was very smart. Next time opposition players will make sure they bump him hard on both shoulders, just to make sure.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Although I didn't think telling the world about it after the match was very smart. Next time opposition players will make sure they bump him hard on both shoulders, just to make sure.
    I thought the same! Also he could've been playing in the Grand final the following week, probably would have wanted top do the same trick

Veterans List
    I guess if you are belted in the shoulder blade every time you are in a marking contest something has to give.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I guess if you are belted in the shoulder blade every time you are in a marking contest something has to give.
    Spot on, it happens all the time. He must sleep well after playing.....likely with some painkillers on board .

He really hurt that shoulder in round 1. I know cos I just watched the game ..... sad I know, but ....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast