Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans Womens' Team?

On the Rookie List
    Ah the phantom pocket post!!
    Mystery solved

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    if your head is made out of chocolate dont stand out in the sun

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I'm very interested in the women's comp. but without a Swans' team it's a dilemma to decide who to support. I'm reluctant to follow GWS after the behaviour of their men's team - although that is probably unfair on the women.

Anybody else chosen their women's team?
    I am jumping on board the GWS women's bandwagon as I want to support the local Sydney players who were drafted. I feel like women's footy in NSW is a fair way behind some of the other States, but hopefully this kicks things up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I'm very interested in the women's comp. but without a Swans' team it's a dilemma to decide who to support. I'm reluctant to follow GWS after the behaviour of their men's team - although that is probably unfair on the women.

Anybody else chosen their women's team?
    Most of the local players would probably be Swans supporters, with the players actually playing for Swans aligned team. I imagine that if the Swans had fielded a team, they would have drafted the players that have been selected by the Giants. I agree the 5k isn't a huge amount of money but convinced that these players would have played for nothing, just the honour of playing at the highest level. Even when the state side travelled to Adelaide during the year, they had to put their hands in their pockets which was wrong. I'm sure that the ratings will be OK when the comp starts, as it will be the only footy being played in those months (Feb-March). I'm certainly looking forward to see how it pans out, and think the changes (Smaller ball, 16 aside etc) will benefit the spectacle of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12