Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GF hero retires, thanks Mal

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Am I allowed to say that?
    You're allowed to say anything on this forum. Every post is well worth reading.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayes30 View Post
    You're allowed to say anything on this forum. Every post is well worth reading.
    Ah, Mark Bayes. How I miss him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Those early career kicks used to make me feel all warm and fuzzy in those parts of the body you don't expect to be impacted by watching a game of footy. (Am I allowed to say that?!!)
    Yes of course......just not around children!

As much as I endorse the comments about his demise and will always remember his two amazing goals in the 2012 GF, I was never a fan.
    Whilst his work rate was first class, from my perspective he was still a liability one out in defense.
    He was a good receiver but only occasionally won his own ball, that didn't make him a bad player, on the contrary, like Jetta, he was an asset to the team for those skills he did possess.
    I just didn't rate him a great player.
    I'm biased but I believe a player like Rampe brings more to the team and hopefully AJ, who I think along with Shaw, covered for Malceski will bring some of his magic along too.

Nick Malceski Retires

Not Swans related (anymore) but just read that Nick has retired. He was very, very good for us.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Two great grannie goals Nick.

Thanks for the ride over a long time

May your knees stay strong.

Senior Player
    Malceski

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Not Swans related (anymore) but just read that Nick has retired. He was very, very good for us.
    He was extremely good for us! That last goal of the 2012 GF is an indelible memory. I bought a photo of the celebration afterward and framed it. It has a very special place in my home!

Sorry for the incorrect spelling Royboy 42

Get a job NicMal!! Now he can play golf, full-time.
    I'll just forget his little lapse of judgement by playing for a QLD team. It'll be like it never happened.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    An incredible footballer, even more so when you consider the amount of "work" done on his knees.
    The 'Eski will always be a Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Sorry for the incorrect spelling Royboy 42
    Fixed.

BTW, wasn't his contract with the Suns for three years and he has now retired after two? It is all just hypothetical now, but I wonder would he have been better off with us if it was only going to be two more years and finish his career with his Swans mates and adoring fans? We will never know.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 25th January 2017 at 10:38 AM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side
    Malceski will not be lost to the Suns, as he will take up a role as an assistant coach with their academy.

Suns shock as defender Malceski retires - AFL.com.au Nick:"My thinking post-footy was always to go into coaching, specifically development, and when the opportunity came up to get the next chapter of my career started with the Suns, I knew the time was right.

"I am really looking forward to helping what I believe is a great young team earn the respect and success it deserves as well as playing a role in developing our players and growing the game in Queensland." Suns football manager Marcus Ashcroft said:"When Nick joined our club from the Sydney Swans we knew we weren�t just bringing in a player.".."We recruited a person with great football knowledge, leadership qualities and a passion to move into coaching when his football career came to an end. "With that being the case we are really pleased to be able to offer Nick that opportunity with the Suns."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast