Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vic bias against sydney teams

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The AFL, in their inherit corruption, are using a minor drug issue to fix a perceived draft inequality, that they created.
    If they are going to cut back draft picks, then just call it that. By stripping the 1st round draft pick, GWS essentially lost Trelor (sp?) for 1 first round draft pick, not the 2 they negotiated.
    Makes a mockery of trading/drafting just like the trade ban we received did. This is now normal operation for the AFL. We should have gone after them for the trade ban. GWS, being still propped up by the AFL, have no legs to challenge it.
    Sorry Barry - I'm the first to get stuck into the AFL and its many obvious biases and inequities, but on this matter you are talking complete and utter garbage.

First, what GWS did - have two club officials deliberately and calculatingly hide a player for three days to subvert the drug testing regime - is not "a minor drug issue". It is a very serious matter and must be treated as such. Treat it as a "minor" matter and we may as well give up any pretence at having a drug testing regime for our sport.

Second, penalising GWS is not "just like the trade ban we received". There is a very important difference. I can't believe it is actually necessary to point this out, but I will ..... here goes ..... WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG AND WE GOT PENALISED FOR NOT BREAKING THE RULES! GWS DID SOMETHING (VERY) WRONG AND ARE GETTING PENALISED FOR BREAKING RULES DESIGNED TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME AND THE HEALTH OF PLAYERS! Can you see the difference now?
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

8 other clubs were found guilty of not notifying drug agencies of player whereabouts.
    Talia was caught with drugs in his hands.
    Only one has a girlfriend scorned.

Gubby and lambert got a year. If whitfield gets a year and GWS lose picks then we can safely say that essendon got off very very lightly. The had a systemic illegal drug injection program against 34 players!

I heard whitfield got 6 months and the two officials a year each

And one got sacked from his new role at the pies which i am sure the small exclusive boys club shuffled some chairs to get him to his bff McGuire.

I love it when the boys in at AFL HQ stuff things up and truly show their incompetence.

I cant help but to think Gil was appointed because his incompetence would mask the other @@@@ the rest of them get up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    I never know how to respond to this kind of wildly speculative, agenda-driven argument.

I think it's best I don't.
    Respond to it however you want.

You can continue to be a Victorian apologist and continue to allow the boys to royally screw the swans OR you can see past the bull@@@@ and be aware. I think you would rather walk around with blinkers on, its safer and a lot more fun when you plead stupid. But remember be a good little afl fan and pay your 1k a year memberships or else YOUR club will DIE!

Rumours of GWS being stripped of first and 2nd round picks and whitfield being banned for 18 months.
    This is on par with what essendon coped re draft picks and worse ban for player. Essendon was systemic drug program. Whitfield missed a drug test.

What a joke the AFL jas become that it tries to fix things with BS or over the top penalties. Reminds me of the swans trade ban. Nothing has changed.
    Nope, they deserve it. Two of their officials assisted a player in avoiding drug tests. Whether they like it or not, those officials are acting on behalf of their organisation.

It's true what you say about the penalty in comparison to Essendon. Essendon was slapped with a wet lettuce leaf and had the AFL had any balls they should have been suspended from the competition for a few years. They conducted a systemic doping program, failed to keep records and their only defence was that it was conducted by a rogue employee which is utter crap.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    The VFL has still protected their adopted son and will allow them to keep their top pick (2) to ensure a total 'Gun' goes to GWS.

On the flip side the Academy boys might be more available or the Giants go into a big deficit for next year.

Or might also have to sell a 'Gun' next year to recoup the points.

Fun and games....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Yep, sell a gun to Collingwood or Carlton. Victoria wins again.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Nope, they deserve it. Two of their officials assisted a player in avoiding drug tests. Whether they like it or not, those officials are acting on behalf of their organisation.

It's true what you say about the penalty in comparison to Essendong. Essendong was slapped with a wet lettuce leaf and had the AFL had any balls they should have been suspended from the competition for a few years. They conducted a systemic doping program, failed to keep records and their only defence was that it was conducted by a rogue employee which is utter crap.
    haha how could you ban a club that brings in MASSIVE revenue and allows the boys to douple dip? Thats not how corporations work!

Everyone knows that if it had been a St Kilda or the brave dogs then those clubs would not exists at present and the whole fiasco would have been dealt with ASAP.

I mean look at the home coming the bombers are getting. And i assure you the narrative next year will be about those brave bomber players coming back. The AFL expects a windfall with all those dumb bomber supporters buying up everything essendong related. Idiots the lot of them. "Mahhhh club is maaaha life and standbyhird"

If the swans even dared to think about a doping program I would drop them quick smart. I dont support unethical behaviour regardless,

Quote Originally Posted by yorlik View Post
    Respond to it however you want.

You can continue to be a Victorian apologist and continue to allow the boys to royally screw the swans OR you can see past the bull@@@@ and be aware. I think you would rather walk around with blinkers on, its safer and a lot more fun when you plead stupid. But remember be a good little afl fan and pay your 1k a year memberships or else YOUR club will DIE!
    Yeah, nah.

Jobe is a hero for handing in his brownlow. What a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor jobe.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Jobe is a hero for handing in his brownlow. What a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor jobe.
    Better to anticipate the AFL and hand it in on his own acknowledgement rather than be asked to return it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Jobes brownlow is an AFL pr exercise to make them and the drug cheats look good.

Should have be stripped from him as soon as suspended.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast