And a wickeder, wickeder, wickeder witch there never, never was
    He filled the folks in Munchkin land with terror and with dread
    'Till one fine day from Kansas way a cyclone caught a house
    That brought the wicked, wicked witch his doom
    As he was flying on his broom
    For the house fell on his head and the coroner pronounced him dead
    And thru the town the joyous news was spread
    Ding-dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch
    Ding-dong, the wicked witch is dead...............

P.S. For the purposes of this song witch = warlock.

From Titus O'Reily

Some Mike Fitzpatrick 'highlights':

Mismanaging the Essendon drugs saga

Mismanaging Adam Goodes booing

Having the AFL play at a stadium he owned

Banning Sydney from trading for obeying AFL rules

Introducing Variable ticketing

Alienating fans to the point the new CEO had to make being nice to them a priority

Did nothing when a bunch of commentators joked about drowning a female journalist
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I like to think that when bad things happen, they are usually the result of a stuff up, rather than a conspiracy. The management of McLachlan and Fitzpatrick, was making me increasingly question that assumption.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I like to think that when bad things happen, they are usually the result of a stuff up, rather than a conspiracy. The management of McLachlan and Fitzpatrick, was making me increasingly question that assumption.
    Personally they has to be some element of conspiracy, unfortunately To what degree, we will never know. But it was good to pick up the morning newspapers and read about him going!!! Hopefully it was Fitzpatrick going after the Swans rather than a joint effort.

Warming the Bench
    The AFL Commission does not have to conspire. The reality is that they rule the roast & will / can do whatever they like.

Whether it's Fitzpatrick or Goyder, Demetriou or McLachlan, nothing will change (unfortunately).

Warming the Bench
    [QUOTE=56-14;717619]The AFL Commission does not have to conspire. The reality is that they rule the roast & will / can do whatever they like.

Meant "rule the roost".

(Oh for a roast Pork or Lamb!)

Veterans List
    So glad that Fitzpatrick is gone but it won't change how much he has screwed us over. And it makes me mad when he says that he was pleased with the outcome of the grand final! (Yeah ok his reasoning was because of equalisation but it still gives me the @@@@s).

In the Herald Sun Fitzpatrick was asked about that expletive filled phone conversation with Colless and he said it was a "robust conversation" and he was surprised that it was made public.

I liked the response from Colless..."If Mike was surprised that it was made public, I was surprised that he behaved like a thug and a bully...I thought it said a lot about the individual and the way he operated." And when he was asked to comment on Fitzpatrick's legacy to the game he said he had no comment .

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=56-14;717620]
    Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    The AFL Commission does not have to conspire. The reality is that they rule the roast & will / can do whatever they like.

Meant "rule the roost".

(Oh for a roast Pork or Lamb!)
    Now that you've inadvertently invented it, I quite like the phrase, "rule the roast". Though hopefully the producers of Masterchef don't get hold of it. Otherwise, we could be in for a saturation ad campaign: 'Masterchef, who will rule the roast!?'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I liked the response from Colless..."If Mike was surprised that it was made public, I was surprised that he behaved like a thug and a bully...I thought it said a lot about the individual and the way he operated." And when he was asked to comment on Fitzpatrick's legacy to the game he said he had no comment .

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    So glad that Fitzpatrick is gone but it won't change how much he has screwed us over. And it makes me mad when he says that he was pleased with the outcome of the grand final! (Yeah ok his reasoning was because of equalisation but it still gives me the @@@@s).

In the Herald Sun Fitzpatrick was asked about that expletive filled phone conversation with Colless and he said it was a "robust conversation" and he was surprised that it was made public.

I miss Colless. ????

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567