Thread: Fixture Change

Fixture Change

The AFL is planning to reschedule Fremantle home games to the Casuarina Prison oval to allow the club to field a minimum 22 players during the 2017 home and away season.

jail1.jpg

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan said that the move was necessary since Nat Fyfe was the only Docker not currently in police custody. �We are working with the West Australian authorities to see if some of the players can get into a work release program for out of state games.�

Ball-&-Chain-10.jpgballchain.jpg

A meeting was held at the Ball & Chain Pub in Fremantle today between AFL legal counsel Andrew Dillon and Police Commissioner Karl O'Callaghan to work out the details of the program. Unfortunately the meeting was cut short when Dillon was knocked out by a sucker punch from what patrons described as �an athletic looking guy,� who fled the scene and is yet to be apprehended.

Head Coach Ross Lyon looked a forlorn figure today with Fyfe the only player showing up for the scheduled training session. Lyon said, �Nat�s a great player and really doesn�t have to train. He just needs to keep his shorts on and we worked on that aspect of his game for around 30 minutes today. Maybe we�ll kick the ball around a bit and go home. �

Nat-Fyfe.jpg

Lyon assured Fremantle supporters that he expected most of his players to be back before finals and they were given a special fitness program while behind bars. It was also expected that regular inmate Ben Cousins would be retained as a coach for the incarcerated prisoners. Lyon said, �Ben is well known for his high fitness level and will keep the boys ready to go the day they are released. We know that everything Ben does is at a very high level, so we�re confident that our current situation won�t affect our premiership chances.�

414170-ben-cousins.jpg

Draft guru Cal Twomey is reporting that Fremantle are expected to pass on promising ruckman Tim English with their first round pick and instead take former Hawthorn recruit Dayle Garlett, who has already been training with some of the Docker players.
    Lyon was optimistic about the Dockers� chances next year. �We have a big advantage over the other clubs with our boys eating, sleeping and socializing together 24 hours a day. It really helps team cohesion. We�re a very close knit group,� Lyon said.

Are you bored Ludwig?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Are you bored Ludwig?
    I took a footy season hiatus from my serious writing and I'm finding it hard to get back into it again. I've been spending way too much time on the draft. But once that's over, I should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I took a footy season hiatus from my serious writing and I'm finding it hard to get back into it again. I've been spending way too much time on the draft. But once that's over, I should be okay.
    Ok, just checking. Pace yourself, we have a few months to go before there is any serious action. That said, I'm a bit worried, looking at the Instagram photos of a few of our guys they've been having WAY too much fun!

Gold.
    Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Poor Fweo.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Classic Ludwig
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector