Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 2017 pre-season training thread

And concerning that one of the LTI is Rohan (again). He has had such bad luck on the injury front.

i was thinking the same thing when I read that Rohan was placed on the LTI. Wouldn't be great if the poor bugger could have an injury free pre-season and to fully show his potential. Ah to hope.

Warming the Bench
    Any reports on what's happening at training?

Veterans List
    The Swans, Buddy and Parker have been fined for not disclosing that they were given Cortisone before the grand final. We have not broken any WADA code, however, we breached the AFLs Treatment Rules for not declaring the information.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    I think Buddys injection may have been during the GF

After loosing a GF like that��everyones minds would be elsewhere

Anyway, its no big deal.

Warming the Bench
    Any reports on what the team did today (footy wise) - training, low- level practice match, etc., or day-off?

Also, any info. on how things went (training wise) last week would be appreciated.

Interested in seeing how Jy Simpkin goes today for North Melbourne. He was the player I was hoping we'd draft and was then picked by North straight after us picking Florent. Looks like he just came on before half time and looked really clean with his first possession.

Florent was ok in his first hit out. He fumbled a bit but hopefully that was just due to some nerves. Will be interesting to see how their careers progress!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    ... Florent was ok in his first hit out. He fumbled a bit but hopefully that was just due to some nerves. Will be interesting to see how their careers progress!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    The good thing was he didn't let it get to him, he didn't drop his head. He just charged onto the next contest.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Call me Mr.Negative but still worried about lack of depth :-(

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    If you don't want to feel so down you
    should go back and read some of the posts from this time last year. A lot I those bemoaned or lack of depth and look where we ended up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Warming the Bench
    Horse said that he consider playing Reid in the grand final "If the situation was a bit different we might have played him, but the reality was there were a chunk of other [players] with question marks that we had to be mindful of."
    Does this mean he didn't have the confidence in our depth when it came to the selection of our GF team or just wasn't game enough to make some tough calls.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Any area in particular? I imagine that "across the board" would be a bit much even for Mr Negative!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)