Thread: Players list on sydneyswans.com.au website

Players list on sydneyswans.com.au website

Did anyone else notice the players' listings have been very inconsistently updated on sydneyswans.com.au?

* Galloway, McGlynn, Teddy and Derickx are gone

* Mitchell has had his number updated to 0 (bizarre)

* Nankervis has been reallocated Teddy's jersey number (even more bizarre)

* Davis, Hiscox and X are all still listed

* None of the rookie upgrades have been done

* None of the new recruits have been added (I suppose they'll wait until they make decisions about their jersey numbers). They might also or alternatively be waiting until after the rookie draft so they can do them all at once.

Come to think of it - wish I had tried to notice what numbers they were wearing this morning at training. Although, thinking back, I have a feeling they weren't wearing kit with numbers on it.

Looks like they are updating it right now. The Senior Players' profiles are not available and most of the Rookies' are missing.

Clearly, the website has been hacked by the Russians.

I heard that over 57000 documents of transcripts and emails relating to the contract negotiations with Tom Mitchell and Xavier Richards will soon be released by Wikileaks.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    No !
    No documents can be released as someone has already deliberately and maliciously DELETED them

The Swans website has always been a long way behind real time. There have been a few years recently where the bios have been for the previous season, not the current season. They often take months to update the bios of new players. It worse than their updates on the injury list.

Blog Entries
    There has been a cyclone in India. This may have caused the delay.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    The Swans website has always been a long way behind real time. There have been a few years recently where the bios have been for the previous season, not the current season. They often take months to update the bios of new players. It worse than their updates on the injury list.
    NOTHING is worse than their injury updates. Oh, maybe their info on open training dates and times during the season. Talk about secretive..Longmire makes Rocket look like Santa.

They have finally updated photos and bios for this season.

Points of interest culled from a review of the bios:

* standard of haircut is down - see Foote, Heeney, Tippett, BJ
    * explicit reference to the likelihood of Naismith holding on to No. 1 ruck spot and Tip spending more time forward
    * Laidler "Most likely in a battle with Aliir Aliir for the third tall spot in the back six". Fascinating. If this is right, he is not likely to play in the same team as Aliir. Who is the 2nd tall? Suggests will be a battle between Talia, AJ, Maibaum - and possibly even Melican? Makes me rethink my recent comment that I'd be surprised if Maibaum got a regular gig in the first 22 this year. It's a possibility, especially given Kirk's enthusiasm after JLT#1
    * Kizza's profile raised my eyebrows when it said he had scored 31 goals last season - then I realised this is a typo and it was actually only 13, more in line with what I had imagined. Too bad, would have boded very nicely for his transition to the forward line.
    * Conversely, Rohan actually did score 25 goals, which isn't bad. If he can stay on the park this year he should go better.
    * Jack Maibaum is 192 cm - I thought it'd be a tad more. Then again, that is the same as Reg and Talia and a tad less than AA (194 cm). But AA is more agile and better at rebounding which is why, I suppose, he will play 3rd, not 2nd, tall despite being our tallest KPD.
    * Did Parker really finish 2nd in the Brownlow behind Danger? I'm sure it was joint 2nd but that is still surprising.
    * Hewett played fully 24 games last year, in his debut season! And I didn't realise he's only 1 cm smaller than Joey (i.e. 187 cm v 188 cm). He may be the guy to replace Joey one day when his time is over. There's a 7.5 year age gap between them. [Sam Murray is also this height - surprised again, he seems smaller. (He is described as a "small forward".)]
    * COR and Pink missed out on bios. In fact Pink missed out on anything except his height, weight, dob and picture more or less.
    * Can't wait to get Aliir and Papley back. Apart from the super defensive pressure Paps exerts in our forward half he was also our 2nd highest goal scorer last season.

I think these bios may be written by the media/marketing people rather than the coaches in which case what they say may unreliable as those guys often don't seem to have any more idea than we do in their articles published on sydneyswans.com.au.