Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: What did XR do?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I would not be surprised if the Swans have said to Xav, "Go back and have a season in the NEAFL, train the house down and demonstrate to us that you really want an AFL career, if you do that we will genuinely look at re-drafting you again as a rookie at the end of 2017"

Overall I agree that he is not good enough but I just have a feeling there may be a lifeline there

- - - Updated - - -

I would not be surprised if the Swans have said to Xav, "Go back and have a season in the NEAFL, train the house down and demonstrate to us that you really want an AFL career, if you do that we will genuinely look at re-drafting you again as a rookie at the end of 2017"

Overall I agree that he is not good enough but I just have a feeling there may be a lifeline there
    That's a pretty unlikely, that sort of scenario rarely happens, particularly at the Swans.

The reality is that when he rejected the offer on the table he (or his manager) obviously got a few people offside at the club and there was no way back.

Goes up to 11
    Xav is likely better off getting his Masters and focussing on the many years ahead rather than being at best a struggling bit player for a couple of years max in the unlikely event of ever getting on a club's list again.

What did XR do?

Interesting recent article about Xavier in the melbourne Herald Sun seen through the eyes of his brother, Ted. He confirmed that X wanted to test the market through his manager and gambled and lost. He has maintained a positive attitude and is looking forward to his Masters studies, playing in the NEAFL and perhaps being re-drafted in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did XR do?

I was just looking at the results for Sydney University in the NEAFL thus far. Xavier was only mentioned in the first game where he kicked 2 goals for them. He does not appear to have played in any of their 3 games since. I assume that he is out injured? It does not auger well for him being potentially drafted at the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He's been out with injury and he's actually been made to come back through their reserves team

AFL Sydney Match Centre - SportsTG

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    I was at the game.

UNSW averaged 19.5 years of age for the whole team. Men against boys. A few older guys but not many.

Hardman was good, come in hard for the ball, take a speccy, but did the Swans 1m handpass twice under minimal pressure. Get creamed twice, once with a knee in the back, from Murphy, and come back on each time, so his name is perfect

Bell, spent most of the time, sheep dogging, running around packs and didnt impress me.

Reinhard picked up X most of the game and bit good for Reinhard, undersized.

Lower was solid and a couple of goals

David Murphy's son was playing for USYD and was close to BOG.

UNSW appears to be the Sydney Academy team with kids everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    I was at the game.

UNSW averaged 19.5 years of age for the whole team. Men against boys. A few older guys but not many.

David Murphy's son was playing for USYD and was close to BOG.
    One name M.Dragicevic sticks out. Is he the former Richmond player?

I'm a little surprised that Kane Murphy can't get a run in their NEAFL team, as he has SANFL experience under his belt. But perhaps it's a sign of the current strength of the Sydney Uni team who are unbeaten in the NEAFL, and are benefiting from the recruitment of our topups of last year who did very well. I also noticed that Darcy Baron-Hay received the NEAFL Rising Star nom this week.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    One name M.Dragicevic sticks out. Is he the former Richmond player?

I'm a little surprised that Kane Murphy can't get a run in their NEAFL team, as he has SANFL experience under his belt. But perhaps it's a sign of the current strength of the Sydney Uni team who are unbeaten in the NEAFL, and are benefiting from the recruitment of our topups of last year who did very well. I also noticed that Darcy Baron-Hay received the NEAFL Rising Star nom this week.
    If it is Marc Dragicevic then he is 36 and I didnt notice a player that old......

The rest of the other players must all be 18 or less

Good day out for Xavier, wonder if Huddo was there to call the game?

What did XR do?

Blimey!

Perhaps we should ship off a few other players to Premier Division to regain form and confidence?

Good game, but to clarify does that mean he can't crack the Uni team for the NEAFL?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veterans List
    This, and good luck to him....:Ex-Swan Xavier Richards to take on ex-teammates in NEAFL - AFL.com.au I hope he goes ok.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast