Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: What did XR do?

I must say that during all our trials and tribulations this year, and all our injuries, I never once uttered "gee I wish now we'd kept Xav"

Hope he goes well Friday within reason but he is an absolute mug the way he killed off his career last year, just mind blowingly stoooopid

Veterans List
    I'm sure he will look back at all this in future years with some regret........I wonder if he's changed his manager yet?

Maybe, just maybe his AFL career is not finished yet. He can still be drafted by an AFL club at seasons end if he nominates cant he? Maybe a Vic club will pick him up and he still gets to go home to Vic.

Senior Player
    It's a weird one. Last year he played 10 games (we won 8 of them), averaged 13 disposals & 5.5 marks a game and kicked 13.7. Respectable without setting the house on fire. He's 196CM and 90 plus kilos, so he has the body for footy, and I think if you can play 10 games for a team that came second it means you are
    an AFL level footballer. Maybe his brother leaving effected his head and attitude a little and/or he may have just lost the motivation to do what is required to play footy at the highest level. It mightn't just be about money. It's not discussed a lot but it seems some guys find the whole thing of trying to "make it" as an AFL footballer very stressful and not particularly enjoyable. Mitch Morton is an example of a guy that seemed to be in that position. This stuff happens to "regular people" in their jobs all the time.

Senior Player
    Really surprised nobody took a punt even as a rookie last year, surely a few clubs like Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood, Brisbane and Hawthorn could have used another tall target up forward.

Bearing that in mind it would take an astounding season from him to get back in the AFL system now, and I can't see that happening

He'd actually be pretty handy depth if Reid leaves next season.
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

I reckon something like that is X's best case scenario. And even then it's a longshot.

Veterans List
    Out at Sydney Uni tonight and spotted the marvellous LRT - does he play a role with their AFL team?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Yes he's been an assistant coach for a few seasons now

I don't think X did himself any favours with his smarmy high fiving his ex-teammates. It didn't seem to go down well. Not sure if this will just be viewed as being competitive, and akin to effective sledging that does not cross a line, or whether it will be held against him. It didn't seem to benefit Sydney Uni in any way (given the way we controlled pretty much the whole game) and it seemed unnecessary.

There's no chance it was in response to sledging by his former teammates?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I don't think X did himself any favours with his smarmy high fiving his ex-teammates. It didn't seem to go down well. Not sure if this will just be viewed as being competitive, and akin to effective sledging that does not cross a line, or whether it will be held against him. It didn't seem to benefit Sydney Uni in any way (given the way we controlled pretty much the whole game) and it seemed unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    There's no chance it was in response to sledging by his former teammates?
    I hope not because in that case we had no justification for chucking a tanti when he 'retaliated' with the high fives.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011