Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To challenge for the Flag in 2017....

Stay healthy and another big season from Buddy.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I will be interested in watching Lloyd next season. He had a very good year, as demonstrated in his B&F placing.

Mostly this year he approached the Malceski role as a ball distributor from the defensive end; but did it in a different way.

He did it by 'gut running' to get into positions to receive a handball or kick, and then advance the ball.

Hopefully AA defensive presence will allow Rampe more freedom to exploit his kicking, and Jones will play more as a running line breaker. If Lloyd can continue his role, then there will be more opportunities to move the ball quickly; and exploit Buddy's speed and agility.

Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    Win close games

Not so sure. I can cop a couple of close H&A losses�we dropped a couple last season and still finished at the top of the ladder�as long as we can rack up percentage when we should against the weaker teams.
    I'm more concerned about putting a fit team on the field. Over a third of our mob were hobbled or underdone at the GF: Bud, Tip, Naismith, Rohan, McVeigh, Parker, Kennedy, Mills were all struggling, and I'm buXXXXed if I'm going to turn up to a third GF in four years if the same thing happens next year.
    And I don't get the Tippett hating that's going on. He was going berserk in the first half the season. He's evidently hit all the KPIs for a contract extension and is a dude.

All comments are moot.

There is no point to having players fit, stepping up a level, etc etc, if the AFL, media and umpires department are against us.

Last year was our chance pre GWS dominance, and we were absolutely screwed, by a team that was allowed to play a combination of basketball, (just throw the thing everywhere) Rugby, (go low in the scrum) and AFL.

Senior Player
    * Not face a "fairy tale" opponent in the PF or GF - like St Kilda breaking a 50 year premiership drought, GWS for their maiden premiership, or Melbourne rebuilding after Stynes.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    The only thing you can rely on from Tippett is injury, inconsistency, and his big wage. He will cost us again this year. IMO.
    Being from the Barossa, you're not by any chance a Trojan horse Crows supporter obsessed with besmirching the good name of Kurtis Interuptus?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    * Not face a "fairy tale" opponent in the PF or GF - like St Kilda breaking a 50 year premiership drought, GWS for their maiden premiership, or Melbourne rebuilding after Stynes.
    After a 4 year premiership drought, the Melbourne media and the umpires will be feeling sorry for us and will do everything possible to make sure that 4 doesn't turn into 5.

The AFL may impose harsh penalties on the GWS Giants, like only allowing them to have 16 players on the field at any one time.

Lachie Whitfield is still refusing to come out of hiding and may not play at all next season. He has reportedly asked for his toys to keep him company.

Lachie.jpg

The Bulldogs Jake 'The Package' Stringer may never regain form again. Some Bulldog fans are already calling him 'McHackage', speaking of which, and getting back on track, I think the main key to a premiership run is a rejuvenated Jarrad McVeigh getting back to his 15.06 beep test days.

59943-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

Love photos of a young Jarrad McVeigh with hair. His little daughter has exactly the same hair now. (And presumably will always have, as she is unlikely to suffer the same hair depletion as her Dad!)

Blog Entries
    Will be interesting to see how Cloke and Crameri fit into the Dogs line up.
    Might throw them out of balance more than they think. We'll wait and see next year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Cloke and Crameri fit into the Dogs line up.
    Might throw them out of balance more than they think. We'll wait and see next year.
    Cloke will be a valuable player in their 2's lineup.

Regular in the Side
    While it would be great for buddy to be kicing 70-80 goals..
    we need at least one more kicking 30-40 or 2 or 3 kicking 20-30...

our biggest hurdle will be making sure our yng brigade that stood up last year dont get second year blues...our experienced depth will be tested and we need someone else to step up in JPK's role to give him a break for all the effort he does, we dont need him going down..

we need a bit more pace around the midfield though..other teams faster paced midfields get us if we dont get the quick inside clearance...

i do like how we ahve some xfactor players from the draft..

Veterans List
    AFL officially now have GWS as the second oldest side so I will spew if there is a single utterance by commentators about the young GWS side. The other commentator crap I hate is constantly talking about how tall Cripps is!

But we are down to 14th oldest side and that's a nice place to be for a contender. Very clever refresh of our list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast