Page 101 of 267 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post

Rookie list - Wikipedia

so 4 of these rookies will be delisted.

Shaun Edwards (Cat A Rookie - 1st Year)
    Robbie Fox (Cat A Rookie - 1st Year)
    Sam Fisher (Cat B Rookie - 1st Year)
    Sam Murray (Cat B Rookie - 2nd Year)
    Colin O'Riordan (Cat B Rookie - International)
    Toby Pink (Cat A Rookie - 1st Year)
    Ben Ronke (Cat A Rookie - 1st Year)

"Up to three rookies can be retained, with the player's permission for a second or third season,[2]"

"2^ Murnane, Justin (2007-10-29). "2007 Key Draft Dates and Information". AFL Players Association."

I am not sure how accurate that wikipedia page is.

The sentence about only three rookies being retained cites a 2007 article as its source.

All 6 rookies from the 2012 draft were retained, although I believe Rampe was elevated to the senior list. I believe the rule before the new CBA only limits to one 3rd year retention. I frankly don't think it matters, since someone like Sam Murray can be delisted and redrafted if we wish. I think we have several that could fall into this category. I don't think the CBA document has been made public yet. It may not even be finalised. I think we will have to wait for more info before we can make an informed judgment on rookie list transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    "Up to three rookies can be retained, with the player's permission for a second or third season,[2]"

"2^ Murnane, Justin (2007-10-29). "2007 Key Draft Dates and Information". AFL Players Association."

The sentence about only three rookies being retained cites a 2007 article as its source.
    That's why I stated I'd looked regularly for something Else. It's the only thing I'm able to find that gives a definitive answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post

Rookie Players - AFL.com.au is silent to this

But http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%2...May%202016.pdf from Page 57 makes no mention of the limitations as per the Wiki page

Per Appendix 1 (Page 198) we have a maximum of 6 Cat A and 3 Cat B rookies due to running a main list of 38

Section 10.10 (Page 61) states

10.10 Retention of Rookie List Players
    (a) A Club may retain a Player on its Rookie List for a second season provided it nominates such Player or Players using Form 32, prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1(a) and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a second season.

(b) A Club may retain a Player on its Rookie List for a third season provided it nominates such Player or Players using Form 32 prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1(a) and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a third season. If a Player is retained under this Rule 10.10, any amount he is paid in excess of the 1st year third round draft selection Player payment will be included in the Club�s Total Player Payments.

(c) A Club may retain a Player included on a Club�s Rookie List under Rule 10.5(a)(i) and (ii) for a third season, using Form 32, provided it nominates such Player prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1 and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a third season (i.e.Newman would never have consented as he knew there was outside interest whereas Melican did)

Italics are mine

Maybe I'm missing something but I see nothing in the AFL rules re the rookie list apart from minimum numbers and a maximum of three years

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Rookie Players - AFL.com.au is silent to this

But http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%2...May%202016.pdf from Page 57 makes no mention of the limitations as per the Wiki page

Per Appendix 1 (Page 198) we have a maximum of 6 Cat A and 3 Cat B rookies due to running a main list of 38

Section 10.10 (Page 61) states

10.10 Retention of Rookie List Players
    (a) A Club may retain a Player on its Rookie List for a second season provided it nominates such Player or Players using Form 32, prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1(a) and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a second season.

(b) A Club may retain a Player on its Rookie List for a third season provided it nominates such Player or Players using Form 32 prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1(a) and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a third season. If a Player is retained under this Rule 10.10, any amount he is paid in excess of the 1st year third round draft selection Player payment will be included in the Club�s Total Player Payments.

(c) A Club may retain a Player included on a Club�s Rookie List under Rule 10.5(a)(i) and (ii) for a third season, using Form 32, provided it nominates such Player prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1 and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a third season (i.e.Newman would never have consented as he knew there was outside interest whereas Melican did)

Italics are mine

Maybe I'm missing something but I see nothing in the AFL rules re the rookie list apart from minimum numbers and a maximum of three years
    ????Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Re Aliir ; He is in contract. How often do the Swans trade guys in contract? He is a defender in a team with the equal best defence in the league,
    a team that has lost two games by one kick in the past thirteen with few injuries, and he is not playing that well in the twos.
    Based on that, you would have to say his chances of getting picked in the near future are not great. Sure, he went OK last year.
    But that was last year. Whatever petrol tickets he built up then have expired, there are other guys who have built up a nice little pile of their own
    more recently.
    Anyone thinking about trading Aliir should watch this video: http://www.espn.com/core/video/ifram...&endcard=false

We won't let him go
    He will return to snrs by 2018

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    "He hopes to be with the Swans for years to come". And so say all of us - well, quite a few of us.

Thanks for the link Ludwig. What the man has been through, and his family. The thing that surprised me - and shouldn't have on reflection - was his Australian accent!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    We won't let him go
    He will return to snrs by 2018
    +1

Senior Player
    afl.com.au says Richmond might be interested in Tippett. Sell, buy, re-sign, retire: What your club is planning this Trade Period - AFL.com.au

Maybe we could swap him for say, Nankervis?

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    I genuinely hope that Aliir can return to senior football from the start of next year and take over from Reg as quickly as possible.
    sprite

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    afl.com.au says Richmond might be interested in Tippett. Sell, buy, re-sign, retire: What your club is planning this Trade Period - AFL.com.au

Maybe we could swap him for say, Nankervis?