Page 105 of 267 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,260 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    No (true) swans wants to see southern clubs rape and pillage NSW and QLD clubs ever again.
    You might want to run that past AnnieH.

No (true) swans wants to see southern clubs rape and pillage NSW and QLD clubs ever again.
    The ole NARF argument.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks for your comments, MattW. I'm heartened to know you like Pink because you are one of a few posters (liz, ernie koala and O'Reilly Boy are others) whose opinion on footy matters I especially respect.

I'm not really going in to bat for Talia. I wasn't taking issue with him being de-listed so much as the "definitely". I feel like we don't have much "visibility" (to use a vogue bit of afl-speak) on the club's attitude towards him (except noting he hasn't been selected since R1 2016) and he's one body who could step in for Reg if Reg succumbed to injury. With Melican's rapid development this year, he may be able to do that now in case of emergency with other players (Marsh, Aliir, Laidler) available to help out in the 2nd and 3rd defender spots. Hence very possibly delist just not "definitely" with the limited information available.
    Cheers bloodspirit, I enjoy reading your considered posts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I'm not really going in to bat for Talia. I wasn't taking issue with him being de-listed so much as the "definitely". I feel like we don't have much "visibility" (to use a vogue bit of afl-speak) on the club's attitude towards him (except noting he hasn't been selected since R1 2016) and he's one body who could step in for Reg if Reg succumbed to injury.
    Rather than a footnote I would have thought that the fact he hasn't been picked since R1 last year would be the most persuasive indicator of all of how he is viewed by the coaching staff and that he won't be retained. Especially as he wasn't brought in as a project player but a player with quite a bit of senior experience.

IMO he's surplus to requirements and I'd be amazed if he is kept on the list.

At the risk of repeating all the other posters, I'd think BJ, Tyrone and Talia are all locks to not be here next season. The rookies will be more interesting.

Veterans List
    Can't ever remember a time where almost to a person we agree on the probable delistings.

The only point being debated is whether McVeigh should get another season. Is playing to a high standard IMO and should be given another year with no gold pass, just in case.

Rookies are interesting with most showing enough to go again but we can't seem to find definitive rules about what we can do. Anyone got a contact in the club that can clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Can't ever remember a time where almost to a person we agree on the probable delistings.

The only point being debated is whether McVeigh should get another season. Is playing to a high standard IMO and should be given another year with no gold pass, just in case.

Rookies are interesting with most showing enough to go again but we can't seem to find definitive rules about what we can do. Anyone got a contact in the club that can clarify?
    The AFL Rules from May 2016 are the most up to date I can find. These should provide definitive guidance and as there's no mention of having to add a minimum amount it would seem the clubs can add or delete to the maximum levels. Think it is like page 57 and there is an appendix at the back.

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%2...May%202016.pdf

Re the rookies I think we'll clear some space, I'd like at least one of Brown or Bell from the academy to get a run at the senior list. Edwards I think had to crack the seniors this year to get a second year so he would be one probable for me. That plus Melican's upgrade freeing up two rookie list slots, or a fourth and fifth round pick if we go to a single list, might be enough for this year.

So it's a green light for the clubs on the west coast then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We must stand united against the threats from the southern wastelands.

If you created a team from players who have left GWS, sun's, lions and swans it would be the most powerful side ever seen.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    More A grade players poached from Adelaide in the last 6-7 years than anywhere and they're top of the ladder.

Plus they had draft penalties applied in that time.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    More A grade players poached from Adelaide in the last 6-7 years than anywhere and they're top of the ladder.

Plus they had draft penalties applied in that time.
    Adelaide do recruiting very well and player retention very poorly. Talk is of Lever and McGovern leaving this year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    Adelaide do recruiting very well and player retention very poorly. Talk is of Lever and McGovern leaving this year too.
    I wonder if living in Adelaide is an issue?

Small-minded provincial city with an obsession about bloodlines, private schooling and lack of convict heritage along with a nasty little underbelly. Insufferable wine snobs and obsessives about social status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I wonder if living in Adelaide is an issue?

Small-minded provincial city with an obsession about bloodlines, private schooling and lack of convict heritage along with a nasty little underbelly. Insufferable wine snobs and obsessives about social status.
    Let us know what you think !