Page 10 of 267 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Just read on the Swans website Will Hayward's pocket profile. He barracked for the Crows when younger and his favourite city to visit is Adelaide. We will have to work hard to keep him in the long term if the Crows continue on their merry way and we continue on ours (of this year).
    He's from SA. Most of the young people I encountered in Adelaide were pretty keen to move to Sydney or Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Hasn't he extended his contract by 2 years already?
    He signed a one-year extension in March. That takes him to end of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    He signed a one-year extension in March. That takes him to end of 2019.
    That's good news.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    How about Port Adelaide Jackson Trengove?

Height: 197cm Weight: 97kg Position: Ruck

He is a restricted free agent so won't cost us a draft spot, Port has salary cap issues so won't match any offer.

And unlike Tippo he actually plays all season most seasons, but is a good KDP and rucked when Ryder wasn't available.

His salary will be about $400,000 to $450,000.

So we get rid off Tippo, $900,000; Sinclair say $400,000, Naismith say $300,000 for a total of about $1,600,000

We keep AA, Cameron and Trengove for the ruck, most likely freeing up $1,000,000 and maybe some second or third round draft spots.

A bit radical i know, but we need to create salary cap space and get in more draft spots, and Tippo has become a big waste of space.
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    How about Port Adelaide Jackson Trengove?

Height: 197cm Weight: 97kg Position: Ruck

He is a restricted free agent so won't cost us a draft spot, Port has salary cap issues so won't match any offer.

And unlike Tippo he actually plays all season most seasons, but is a good KDP and rucked when Ryder wasn't available.

His salary will be about $400,000 to $450,000.

So we get rid off Tippo, $900,000; Sinclair say $400,000, Naismith say $300,000 for a total of about $1,600,000

We keep AA, Cameron and Trengove for the ruck, most likely freeing up $1,000,000 and maybe some second or third round draft spots.

A bit radical i know, but we need to create salary cap space and get in more draft spots, and Tippo has become a big waste of space.
    I would be surprised if Tippet is on that. My guess is 700-800 k. Even if you got Trengrove you still wouldn't get rid of Naismith because you still need ruck depth & at 300k it's not overly expensive. And lastly even if you were able to do what you suggested you wouldn't find a club to take on Sinclair & Tippets salary so there is no way you will save what your suggesting as we'd probably have to pay half to quarter of their salary for a club to take them on.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    I would be surprised if Tippet is on that. My guess is 700-800 k. Even if you got Trengrove you still wouldn't get rid of Naismith because you still need ruck depth & at 300k it's not overly expensive. And lastly even if you were able to do what you suggested you wouldn't find a club to take on Sinclair & Tippets salary so there is no way you will save what your suggesting as we'd probably have to pay half to quarter of their salary for a club to take them on.
    Correct on all counts. In addition, Port actually has room in their cap and there is a sly rumour they have had a coffee with Fyffe's management. Besides, I wouldn't want to be left with only 2 rucks at the club.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    I just want to get rid of these useless ruckmen who are clogging up our list big time.

Even if we payed half their salary, we would still coming out of top!

We need players who can get on the park and not be injury half of the year.

As for Port, they did try to off load Harlett?? was that the player who was on a five year contract last year.

Either they have salary cap problems of they are trying to land a big fish; either way one less player on the list would help
    doof-doof

Blog Entries
    Brandon Jack has to officially be a list clogger now.
    Got a chance, blew it, and back to the 2's.
    He's been on the list for a while now. 5th year. Not much hope for getting a regular senior gig.

On AFL tonight last night Jake Niall said that only Sydney were to blame for their position now by using COLA to buy Tippett and Buddy which left no money for others. That is why we lost Mitchell. No one feels sorry for us (or words to that effect).

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Brandon Jack has to officially be a list clogger now.
    Got a chance, blew it, and back to the 2's.
    He's been on the list for a while now. 5th year. Not much hope for getting a regular senior gig.
    +1 Sadly BJ may not be the only one

- - - Updated - - -

On AFL tonight last night Jake Niall said that only Sydney were to blame for their position now by using COLA to buy Tippett and Buddy which left no money for others. That is why we lost Mitchell. No one feels sorry for us (or words to that effect).
    I thought that we weren't allowed to use COLA to buy Buddy

Its all crap buddy averages a mil so does tom boyd pendles fyfe
    if our top two are 1.8m there are at least
    dangerwood 1.75m
    pendles/treloar 1.7m
    boyd/someone 1.7m
    fyfe/someone 1.8
    cameron/someone 1.7

the reality is out top 2 are approx 100k to 200k worth more than other teams top two if at all and this is the first year we havent had cola but with the 20%
    payrise we are back at cola levels
    Payrise next year too

the whole our list is suffering cos of cost is bs

our issue is game plan

Warming the Bench
    We've had a period of great success recently, trumped only by the Hawks. Unfortunately we didn't get 2 more premierships in 2014 and 2016 but we can hardly say recruiting Buddy and Tippett has lead to our downfall. You can't stay on top forever, this is the year we had to have. Also this season is only 6 games old we're not basket cases yet