Page 114 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,357 to 1,368 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Veterans List
    I'm a close follower of the trade period and ND so thought I'd have a quick look at the significant trading of future picks that will influence this years draft order. Whilst we won't know final draft choices until after this weekend (for 10 teams) another two teams a fortnight later etc, these are the picks in the first two rounds that swapped clubs.

Hawks first (currently pick 7) to St.Kilda
    Ports first (14) to Brisbane
    Geelongs first (16) to Richmond
    Freos second (22) to Gold Coast
    Carlton second (21) to Geelong which will be Geelongs first pick
    Pies second (23) to GWS which will be GWS first pick
    Hawks second (24) to Gold Coast
    St.Kilda second (26) to GWS
    Richmond second (32) to Gold Coast
    GWS second (34) to Hawks which will be Hawks first pick

Port first pick is 31
    Hawks first pick is 34
    Gold Coast picks 3, 20, 22, 24, 32
    Brisbane picks 1, 14, 18
    Richmond 15, 16

Moving to another club enroute to a coaching role makes sense, if that is the deal. Macca' s legacy of 300 games and being a premiership captain at the Swans, and a 2017 premiership player, will be his enduring legacy. Next decade no one will recall how he played for another club.

The Panel on The Back Page Live were jokin around saying Swans could put together an 11th hour deal for Dusty with Tippo, Macca and Jack all moved on ...
    During the bye he's off to NZ to see Dad.

The whole trade period will be extremely interesting.

Dusty will frame it I think and I suspect he will go the Kangas because ultimately he is a dumb-@@@@ mercenary and whatever the Tigers bid the Kangas will add an extra $300,000 a year. That probably rule out any bid for Kelly but will allow the Kangas to probably get young Rayner with Pick 1 if they lose to the Lions as I expect then to. North are probably the only club prepared to pay silly money for Kelly so if he doesn't go there I'd expect him to stay at GWS for two more years but that could well see Smith and Hopper on their way from GWS which will be quite a hit but not one that they can't cover.

The Crows could well end up losing three players and having four top 20 draft picks in this draft. It seems bizarre but maybe they are just not prepared to pay overs for these guys. Cameron will leave for sure and I'd say Lever looks out the door at $800,000 a year plus from the Dees and from all reports they are no chance to keep McGovern unless they increase their offer by a great deal.

As for us I think we'll sit tight this year and just let the squad develop organically for a year our main job was getting Zak and Sammy over the line. I can't see us wading in now and having to pay overs anywhere.

I was not able to pay enough attention to the football coverage tonight, but I noticed a headline on the Fox Footy ticker that indicated the Swans were unhappy with the media reporting on McVeigh's contract status. Did anyone catch the full details - and the implications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    The whole trade period will be extremely interesting.

Dusty will frame it I think and I suspect he will go the Kangas because ultimately he is a dumb-@@@@ mercenary and whatever the Tigers bid the Kangas will add an extra $300,000 a year. That probably rule out any bid for Kelly but will allow the Kangas to probably get young Rayner with Pick 1 if they lose to the Lions as I expect then to. North are probably the only club prepared to pay silly money for Kelly so if he doesn't go there I'd expect him to stay at GWS for two more years but that could well see Smith and Hopper on their way from GWS which will be quite a hit but not one that they can't cover.

The Crows could well end up losing three players and having four top 20 draft picks in this draft. It seems bizarre but maybe they are just not prepared to pay overs for these guys. Cameron will leave for sure and I'd say Lever looks out the door at $800,000 a year plus from the Dees and from all reports they are no chance to keep McGovern unless they increase their offer by a great deal.

As for us I think we'll sit tight this year and just let the squad develop organically for a year our main job was getting Zak and Sammy over the line. I can't see us wading in now and having to pay overs anywhere.
    Martin is not that dumb as most people think. He's nearly finished a certificate four in business. His father part owns a transportation business and will most likely be part of managing that company. The company is based in Campbelltown. His fathers partner owns a sports apparel company and will most likely have some type of work there. Could be a mercenary but he's not dumb.

Rayner is a very good chance of ending up at Norf whether they have first or second pick as Brisbane believe he could be a possible flight risk ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The Panel on The Back Page Live were jokin around saying Swans could put together an 11th hour deal for Dusty with Tippo, Macca and Jack all moved on ...
    During the bye he's off to NZ to see Dad.
    The report comes from a tweet by Tony Sheahan.

Twitter

Tony is the son of Mike Sheahan and has been known to be unreliable with his reporting of player movement.

Goldstein for Tippo?

Roughly both on the same salary with another year left on their contracts. Could be a good swap?

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Goldstein for Tippo?

Roughly both on the same salary with another year left on their contracts. Could be a good swap?
    I think if Tippett goes, it will be partly to shed cash so I don't think it will involve another player coming back our way. I also think that the club is backing Naismith to be our primary ruck for the next few years and so Goldy isn't likely a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I think if Tippett goes, it will be partly to shed cash so I don't think it will involve another player coming back our way. I also think that the club is backing Naismith to be our primary ruck for the next few years and so Goldy isn't likely a priority.
    We should try to unload Tippett, otherwise we should try to trade Sinclair. They are both behind Naismith, whose main problem is his propensity to get injured. Darcy Cameron might be our number 1 ruckman as early as next season, but is a good enough forward to possibly warrant selection on that basis alone, so might be able to team up Naismith. It's a shame Cameron had an injury plagued season and didn't get much opportunity to show his stuff often enough, but the games he played were very good.

I think Goldstein is on more money than Tippett now, whose contract has reportedly been extended out to 2020.

I also think we should try to move on both Towers and Marsh. I like Marsh, but it won't get any easier breaking into our side next year. I think he could fit into either of the WA sides. Towers will fall out of the senior side at some point. He may have had a good enough year to find interest from another club. Maybe NM, who could use some outside speed. I don't expect much in return for either.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 23rd August 2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Martin is not that dumb as most people think. He's nearly finished a certificate four in business. His father part owns a transportation business and will most likely be part of managing that company. The company is based in Campbelltown. His fathers partner owns a sports apparel company and will most likely have some type of work there. Could be a mercenary but he's not dumb.

Rayner is a very good chance of ending up at Norf whether they have first or second pick as Brisbane believe he could be a possible flight risk ATM.
    I am sure that Martin Senior dabbles a bit in the import-export business as well (well, maybe more the import) and I do wonder what his main lines of transport are.

Anyway, hopefully young Dustin pays attention in his advanced book-keeping classes when they touch on AUSTRAC and the anti-money laundering provisions.

The Lions seem to have an unofficial policy to draft Vic Country Boys wherever possible and I think that is a sound one

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We should try to unload Tippett, otherwise we should try to trade Sinclair. They are both behind Naismith, whose main problem is his propensity to get injured. Darcy Cameron might be our number 1 ruckman as early as next season, but is a good enough forward to possibly warrant selection on that basis alone, so might be able to team up Naismith. It's a shame Cameron had an injury plagued season and didn't get much opportunity to show his stuff often enough, but the games he played were very good.

I think Goldstein is on more money than Tippett now, whose contract has reportedly been extended out to 2020.

I also think we should try to move on both Towers and Marsh. I like Marsh, but it won't get any easier breaking into our side next year. I think he could fit into either of the WA sides. Towers will fall out of the senior side at some point. He may have had a good enough year to find interest from another club. Maybe NM, who could use some outside speed. I don't expect much in return for either.
    I like the idea of just keeping the squad as is, I think you need a good fleet of ruckmen and this season has shown it is easy to have two out at any one time, then again your view of ruckmen as an optional extra is well documented.

Goldstein to here is just delusional but I would think Tippett clearly does have a value that we would trade at, I just don't think any club will be prepared to pay what will satisfy both us and Kurt.

I couldn't see us getting any offers that would see us consider offloading Towers or Marsh. Towers' best year could be 2018 so we'd be crazy to trade him and Marsh may well have a role in our unfashionable backline once Smith calls it a day and he has shown he is quite happy to be patient with his development.