Page 196 of 267 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,352 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

2017 trading, drafting, list management

Re Ludwig�s question of redrafting a Cat B rookie:

The AFL doesn�t appear to have released an update of its rules since May 2016 (see link below).

Rookie list players are covered in Clause 10 pp 57-64. I can�t see that explicitly answers the question but Clause 10.1(b) sets out the Rookie Cat B eligibility requirements and I would think each of them is cancelled out once a player has been on a club�s list , in any capacity.

So logically I think a player can�t be drafted a second time as a Cat B rookie.

Don�t understand why my post has gone to muck!

Ps I�ve removed the link to the rules and voila! My post is now legible!

So if you want to read the May 2016 rules to which I referred, search for

www.afl.com.au/policies and click on the AFL Rules link.

And finally Ludwig�s last question re number of 3rd year rookies -

See p.61 Clause 10.10 of the AFL Rules (caveat, these are dated May 2016), reproduced below. I read this to mean there is not a limit on number of 3rd year rookies, subject to the club meeting the other rookie rules.

10.10 Retention of Rookie List Players

(a) A Club may retain a Player on its Rookie List for a second season provided it nominates such Player or Players using Form 32, prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1(a) and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a second season.

(b) A Club may retain a Player on its Rookie List for a third season provided it nominates such Player or Players using Form 32 prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1(a) and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a third season. If a Player is retained under this Rule 10.10, any amount he is paid in excess of the 1st year third round draft selection Player payment will be included in the Club�s Total Player Payments.

(c) A Club may retain a Player included on a Club�s Rookie List under Rule 10.5(a)(i) and (ii) for a third season, using Form 32, provided it nominates such Player prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1 and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a third season. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I know we have had this discussion in the past on RWO and we should get a definitive answer next year when Blakey Jnr becomes eligible for the draft. Further, as his situation (eligible via Swans academy and two F/S clubs) will be unique I don�t rule out a rewrite of AFL rules next year to cover this scenario.

However, I remain of the view that under the current rules should the Swans nominate Blakey as an academy pick this would take priority over any F/S nomination. I base this on the fact that the F/S nomination explicitly refers to player consent (as shown by his signature on the nomination form) but there is no such explicit mention in regard to academy nominations.

There is a draft nomination form 39A which has to be completed for both academy and F/S nominations. I can�t access this from a tablet but if someone is interested enough to try from a desk top, it may become clearer (that is, does a player have to sign consent to an academy nomination). I think these forms can be found at: www.nabafldraftnom.com.au
    Ludwig, now I have had a go at answering all your questions, if you have access to a non-mobile computing source how about you see if you can access the form 39A I refer to above.

My computer went to electronic heaven months ago and I haven�t go around to replacing it.

Veterans List
    Ok, so you can delist a contracted player but you still have his contract money in your salary cap. Who are you delisting Ludwig? :-)

Shows how slow Trade Week/Fortnight is when we are looking at these questions!

Warming the Bench
    Adam Ramanauskas player manager said on Melbourne radio 927 this morning watch out for the Swans they have been sitting back nice and quiet but are really into getting Jack Watts and some other players no names mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Adam Ramanauskas player manager said on Melbourne radio 927 this morning watch out for the Swans they have been sitting back nice and quiet but are really into getting Jack Watts and some other players no names mentioned.
    How much credibility do we put in rumours from the media (although Adam Ramanauskas is not technically media) aout us?

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    How much credibility do we put in rumours from the media (although Adam Ramanauskas is not technically media) aout us?
    Ramanauskas is just using the Akermanis playbook by name dropping the Swans as an interested club.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    he is a player agent as his main occupation

Swans have got a reputation as masters of the behind the scenes deal, largely due to Buddy. But my recollection is he initiated that move not us.

I�m secretly hoping that Horse and Dew are coming to an arrangement over Lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I�m secretly hoping that Horse and Dew are coming to an arrangement over Lynch.
    Not sure why people think that Dew is a Swans plant. Dew won't be putting his head on the chopping block for us. He's got a job to do and won't (and shouldn't) do anything that is detrimental to GCS.