Page 216 of 267 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,592 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    ...... albeit Nankervis was not exactly being lauded by Swans supporters in the way that we all now retrospectively see such a "mistake".
    Indeed! I can remember coming on this site to defend Nankervis from RWO attacks in his earlier years with the Swans.

Veterans List
    If we finish just one place ahead of the Pies next year we've advanced our pick at least 19 places in a super draft. this could end up as much as 30+ places upgrade.

I'm stunned, Pies must really rate Murray, stunned particularly when you see some of the deals that are going down right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    If we finish just one place ahead of the Pies next year we've advanced our pick at least 19 places in a super draft. this could end up as much as 30+ places upgrade.

I'm stunned, Pies must really rate Murray, stunned particularly when you see some of the deals that are going down right now.
    Maybe Buckleys one of those people that doesnt do anything moderately. Criticise him for taking old players from other clubs so instead he goes for young completely untried ones instead

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

It can�t be any worse than the Mayne trade

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It can�t be any worse than the Mayne trade
    Mayne was a free agent signing, so didn't cost anything at the trade table. That millstone of a 4-year $2m contract though on the other hand...

In an earlier post I said I would be happy to trade Murray for a 13 place upgrade from pick 51 to pick 38. Based on reasonable projections for next year, this deal looks so much better and well beyond what we would expect for a rookie who hasn't played a game.

I hope we can trade Robinson for an upgrade in picks in these final minutes of trading.

Pretty obvious now that Geelong got pick 19 for Motlop in an agreement with the AFL that it would go to GC in the Ablett deal. Another AFL orchestrated outcome.

In a surprise, Geelong gave away Darcy Lang, who went in 2013 draft just after we took Jones, for virtually nothing. It makes Sam Murray look more valuable than Lang by some considerable margin. We can't be that good traders. I has to be Collingwood's incompetence.

Buckley desperate

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Pretty obvious now that Geelong got pick 19 for Motlop in an agreement with the AFL that it would go to GC in the Ablett deal. Another AFL orchestrated outcome.

In a surprise, Geelong gave away Darcy Lang, who went in 2013 draft just after we took Jones, for virtually nothing. It makes Sam Murray look more valuable than Lang by some considerable margin. We can't be that good traders. I has to be Collingwood's incompetence.
    That original Lang pick by Geelong was always a little odd. They had their hearts set on Jones, to the extent that they'd promised Jones they'd take him (he published as much on his social media site of choice). They were throw off kilter by the Swans taking him the pick before and named Lang almost straight away, but the suggestion at the time was that he (Lang) would still probably be on the table at their next pick.

Lang's been an OK player and it is weird that they've given him away for so little.

Almost as weird as Collingwood upgrading our third round pick next year to their second round pick. Hard to believe they wanted him that much. As an out-of-contract rookie, Murray could just have declined the Swans offer of a new contract. I don't think he'd have been eligible as a free agent but he could have put himself in the PSD where, I imagine, he'd easily have gotten to the Pies.

Veteran Site Admin
    There are some staggering trades happening in the last frenzied half hour. Gold Coast have just stumped up pick 2 for Lachie Weller...

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I thought Charlie Cameron for pick 12 would go down as the worst trade of the year, but it was pipped at the post by Weller for 2.

Cameron is the classic solid player in a strong team, put him in Brisbane's lineup and I think he will struggle to have the same sort of impact.

Weller for 2, well, it's going to take me some time before I can find any words for that.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I thought Charlie Cameron for pick 12 would go down as the worst trade of the year, but it was pipped at the post by Weller for 2.

Cameron is the classic solid player in a strong team, put him in Brisbane's lineup and I think he will struggle to have the same sort of impact.

Weller for 2, well, it's going to take me some time before I can find any words for that.
    Yep both well over trade value, but I think it shows how bad a state the Queensland clubs are in.

They get bent over on incoming as well as outgoing players