Page 217 of 267 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 2,593 to 2,604 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Regular in the Side
    GC give away Ablett, Saad and Matera for Weller, Wigg and Young and additionally are screwed with the pick exchanges. I think they lost on both counts. I can't see Dew being too happy with their trading.

No trade for Robbo though

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Yep both well over trade value, but I think it shows how bad a state the Queensland clubs are in.

They get bent over on incoming as well as outgoing players
    I was thinking the same thing. Not sure the AFL is serious about the Queensland market if they continue to let the Lions and Suns struggle to attract/retain players.

Not sure what they should do but they have to do something.

Think Brisbane paid overs for Cameron, but Gold Coast seem to have completely lost the plot. I actually think Brisbane have turned the corner under Fagan. Stuart Dew would have known most of what they were up against in terms of players leaving (Ablett, Saad, Matera etc). Why aren't teams prepared to wait a year and get a player for way way less?

Is it possible that in the 2017 or 2018 year of abletts contract he would not be paid some of his third party payments and they wanted to use this concession if they still have access to it for another player ?

Either way they need game time into players emerging and Ablett is injured most of the year

His sal cap space would be huge for this and next year

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Our draft picks for this year are #14, #33, #51, #88. The fact that we gave away #70 in the Murray trade signals that it wasn't going to be utilised as a live pick.

From our senior list we have lost Laidler, Leonardis, Talia and B.Jack.

Looks like we will use the first 3 picks and upgrade Melican with the last pick.

Not sure what the point of putting AJ on the rookie list and picking someone live with #88 will be. Or perhaps they could look at promoting another rookie (O'Riordan most likely) in AJ's place.

Warming the Bench
    I understand that Pick #2 and #12 seem overs for Weller and Cameron
    But the Lions/Suns may need to do that to secure players that want to stay and play for the respective clubs.

Most likely they use those picks on kids in the draft. Train them up for 2yrs and watch them request trades home

Regular in the Side
    Hi ugg, Trade tracker shows that we did not give away pick 70 in the Murray deal, just Murray and future third for future second. Draft order also shows us we still have 70.

It's hard to see the logic in Robbo going public on wanting to be traded without having a deal in waiting.

It's a testament to our entire football department that we signed the players we wanted to sign and really didn't have any need to chase players in the draft period. Only 6 players out is on the low side.

I doubt there will be any further delistings. It looks as though we will use 3 live picks in the ND. I think there's a good chance that O'Riordan will be elevated to the senior list and AJ will go to the rookie list. Both would be eligible to play senior footy next year, so would make sense.

So now it's on to the draft.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 19th October 2017 at 03:18 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Well, the official AFL, um, official in charge of this kind of thing tweeted #70 was part of it. He was sitting next to the deals table and tweeting as they were processed.

I think the trade tracker is wrong. I'm very confident the Swans aren't going to use #70 (not sure if the Pies are though, since they have 4 picks before #70 themselves)

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Lions got shafted on the schache deal too.

Confusion reigns

Indicative draft order - sydneyswans.com.au

The Sydney Swans will enter next month's National Draft with selections 14, 33, 51, 70, 88 and 106 following the completion of the 2017 AFL trade period.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...t-trade-period

In the only trade completed by the Club, Murray along with 2017 Round 4 selection and 2018 Round 3 selection were traded to Collingwood in exchange for a 2018 Round 2 selection.