Page 236 of 267 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,832 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Veteran Site Admin
    If people want to discuss Donald Trump, can they please go and do so on the appropriate forum ("Open Chat"). The Swans Chat Forum is for talking about the Swans.

Veterans List
    Where in the draft is this Donald Trump touted to go, will we have an appropriate pick to grab him?

14, 33, 51, should be possibilities at all three selections. I notice Crows said they'll only rookie list Jackson Edwards, will be selected in the ND for certain you'd reckon, kid has real ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    If he can get back to where he was, probably Grundy in 1-2 years or Melican or Allir. It was some time ago, but he was a pretty good player.
    So hang onto him for another 2 yrs ?

Is it time yet ?

Let�s make our mods job a little easier ladies and gents.........I�m sure they have better things to do then monitor, move and or delete

Time to stay on topic me thinks !!

I still can't find out which academy players the swans nominated for the draft! I am hoping they might give one of them a rookie spot. It would be a pity if no academy kid got rookied and it would be concerning. I guess the best chances would be one of Brown, Bell, Wicks, or Hardman.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    So hang onto him for another 2 yrs ?
    IMO, if he isn't in the Seniors at some point next season, it's all over for AJ. Next years draft is a cracker and list spots will be at a premium. No cloggers allowed. I wish AJ well!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I still can't find out which academy players the swans nominated for the draft! I am hoping they might give one of them a rookie spot. It would be a pity if no academy kid got rookied and it would be concerning. I guess the best chances would be one of Brown, Bell, Wicks, or Hardman.
    This is the type of thing that the AFL usually have on their website. Maybe academy noms is a politically touchy subject? Wouldn't want to set off Eddie on one of his ill informed rants again. What was it last time, 600 kids to choose from, this will be the end of the competition! Bet his face was redder than red spewing that crap out.

Here are Chris Doerre aka Knightmare's views about our list needs and who we should draft:

Sydney

List needs

1. Outside hurt factor
    2. Defender who can generate drive from the backline
    3. Young key forward

Draft picks: 14, 33, 51, 88, 106

Who should they draft? For outside hurt factor, Lochie O'Brien is an ideal fit at No. 14 as an athletic outside runner and arguably this year's most damaging kick. With pick 33, Ryley Stoddart as a backman can generate drive from defence with his pace and clean kicking. As an athletic key forward, Ben Miller at pick 51 possesses scope to develop.

I think what he says makes sense. And obviously he knows vastly more about the draft prospects than I do (virtually nothing).

Here are a couple of profiles on Ben Miller:

AFL Draft Profile: Ben Miller - Footy Prophet
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/cou...-ng-b88620565z

If he's still available at pick 51 seems like a very good option. I wonder why he hasn't been used more as KPF/KPD which is how he might be more useful for us given we are at least adequately stocked with ruckman. Might he have less upside than other draft prospects given that he seems to have developed ahead of his age cohort? I wonder if Dean Cox will know something about him and be able to give Kinnear a bit of extra information.

At pick 14 Lochie O'Brien looks OK but it really depends on whether someone better slips through. There seems to be a fair amount of consensus about the first dozen picks (albeit not perfect and not in order)* and, unfortunately, it seems we're not so likely to get one of those A-graders. I'm not so fussed about Jack Higgins (I'm happy with Papps!) but Aiden Bonar could be an option if he's available. One that Knightmare has slipping is Charlie Constable who is rated a pick 5-17 prospect by 7 judges on Footy Prophet's Big Draft Board - should we look at him? Knightmare describes him as a rebounding defender - and that's something we could use if Aliir doesn't fill that role. However, he isn't that quick and not noted especially for his kicking ability and they are things we need more and which O'Brien has. I don't know much about Ryley Stoddart at 33 but I'd be interested in Clavarino if he were available then.

* e.g. 2017 Big Draft Board - Footy Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

At pick 14 Lochie O'Brien looks OK but it really depends on whether someone better slips through. There seems to be a fair amount of consensus about the first dozen picks (albeit not perfect and not in order)* and, unfortunately, it seems we're not so likely to get one of those A-graders. I'm not so fussed about Jack Higgins (I'm happy with Papps!) but Aiden Bonar could be an option if he's available. One that Knightmare has slipping is Charlie Constable who is rated a pick 5-17 prospect by 7 judges on Footy Prophet's Big Draft Board - should we look at him? Knightmare describes him as a rebounding defender - and that's something we could use if Aliir doesn't fill that role. However, he isn't that quick and not noted especially for his kicking ability and they are things we need more and which O'Brien has. I don't know much about Ryley Stoddart at 33 but I'd be interested in Clavarino if he were available then.
    I have a feeling we will end up taking O'Brien. Hunter Clark would be in the mix if he gets through to 14. Aiden Bonar is the wildcard. It's so hard to know where he will go in the draft. I'm not too keen on Constable. I think he's a good player, but with so many speedy mids in our part of the draft, I would look else where. Ed Richards is in the mix if we go for a midfield type. It's pretty close for me between O'Brien, Clark and Richards in that type of player. Noah Balta has to be considered because it's so rare to have a 195 cm player with line breaking speed.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I find it hard to believe that we gave away pick 70 in the Murray deal if we are going to take four picks. Only logical answer to AJ delisting is that we will take a DFA or upgrade a rookie. Can not see any DFA that would replace a player in our best 22 or any need to upgrade a rookie as Cat A rookies can be selected. Only conclusion is that O'Riordan is going from cat B to primary list. Alternative answer is Fox is being upgraded. Do not see the need for either as O'Riordan could be upgraded to Cat A and be available for selection and Fox was already available for selection. Both had injury affected year and in my view neither are yet ready for primary list.
    We need an extra 2nd round pick for next years draft. That is why we did that. The reason we need the second round pick is because of all the Academy boys who are pretty good coming through next year and Blakey who is a downright f'ing star in the younger division.

I've done a bit of research and viewing of highlights lately and my oder of preference would be Bonar, O'Brien, Balta. I think at least one and possibly all three will be available at our pick.

Veterans List
    Don't forget last year we went for quick outside players in Florent and Hayward who will transition to a wing in time.

So the conventional wisdom that you take best player available with your first pick may still apply, so long as it's not a ruckman!