Page 238 of 267 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248 ... LastLast
Results 2,845 to 2,856 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Apologies
    Off topic
    Just weighing into the top pick used for FFs

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    O�Riordan promoted to the senior list. I always thought that likely rather than us picking with draft pick 88 in the national draft or signing a delisted free agent

Great news! Doesn't appear to be on the Swans' site yet. How do you know?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Murray would have been upgraded instead if he hadn't left.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    O�Riordan promoted to the senior list. I always thought that likely rather than us picking with draft pick 88 in the national draft or signing a delisted free agent
    Agree, we were never going to be using a fourth pick at the draft, sensible promotion. We all hope that O'Riordan can push up this year, his dash off half back would fill a need.

Bloodspirit, how can you question Ugg? He that knows all on these matters!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I got it from Champion Data's Fantasy Freako Twitter account. You're right in that it doesn't seem to have been reported anywhere else so I hope they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

I wonder if Murray would have been upgraded instead if he hadn't left.
    I've always thought that COR was more AFL ready than Murray, despite Murray making significant progress this year and COR flattening out. Maybe Murray will play senior footy for Collingwood, but he was far from senior footy for us. O'Riordan is physically ready to play now, but needs a good pre-season adjusting to the flow of the game.

So we're out of CAT B rookies now. I wonder what our plans are this year. I'm still baffled by dropping Fisher.

It's not such a bad year to start the draft at pick 14. It's a pretty flat draft through the first round, meaning that there's not such a great difference between the top half of the round and the bottom half. The points value system, contrived to deprive the Swans of draft picks 2 years ago, is exposed this year. There's no way pick 3 is worth 2 pick 14s. The Giants are sitting in a good spot with pick 11 and picks 27 and 28. The second round starts drifting away in the late 20s.

We should have a few good players available at pick 14. Pick 33 will be more challenging. It's not like 2013 when George Hewett was available at pick 32. But there are always a few good players that slide down the order and hopefully our recruiters have the right one at the top of list when our turn comes round.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We should have a few good players available at pick 14. Pick 33 will be more challenging. It's not like 2013 when George Hewett was available at pick 32. But there are always a few good players that slide down the order and hopefully our recruiters have the right one at the top of list when our turn comes round.
    We've been linked in a Cal Twomey article to another South Aussie - Jordan Houlahan. I'd be happy with him at pick 33. He looks like another Will Hayward but with some potential to be involved more in the midfield/wing.

Jordan Houlahan v Vic Country | 2017 NAB U18 Championships - YouTube

Houlahan would be the sort of player that would be in the mix at pick 33. He takes a strong mark. He'll probably go somewhere from 25-35. The WCE have picks 21, 26 and 32; there are a few WA players that are in the mix at those picks and I wonder how many the Eagles will go for. It could determine whether some other decent players slide to our pick.

Last year's draft had a lot of surprises once we got into the mid 20s and I would expect the same this year. I think KB will someone good.

Please forgive me my slowness, but I just want to understand how the list gets made up. The Swans have lost eight players through delisting, trade, and retirement. Of those, six were senior players. So we promote Melican, O'Riordan and Fox(?) to Senior List, recruit three in the ND, and then recruit five in the rookie draft? Is that the picture?

Regular in the Side
    It is five senior players lost; BJ, Talia, Leonardis and AJ delisted plus Laidler retired. They will be replaced by three draftees plus Melican and O'Riordan elevated. From the rookie list we have in addition to Melican and O'Riordan, we have lost Murray traded, Edwards retired and Fisher delisted. We actually can have up to six rookies drafted with three cat A vacancies and three cat B vacancies but would be looking at drafting two Cat A rookies and prelisting three Cat B rookies to have the same team structure as this year. Possibly we might take only two Cat B rookies as if either AJ or Fisher are redrafted they would be Cat A. All this assumes that remaining rookies Ronke, Fox and Pink get another contract for a year.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Great news! Doesn't appear to be on the Swans' site yet. How do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    ... Bloodspirit, how can you question Ugg? He that knows all on these matters!
    Ugg can sense these things
    ugg yoda.jpg
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    It is five senior players lost; BJ, Talia, Leonardis and AJ delisted plus Laidler retired. They will be replaced by three draftees plus Melican and O'Riordan elevated. From the rookie list we have in addition to Melican and O'Riordan, we have lost Murray traded, Edwards retired and Fisher delisted. We actually can have up to six rookies drafted with three cat A vacancies and three cat B vacancies but would be looking at drafting two Cat A rookies and prelisting three Cat B rookies to have the same team structure as this year. Possibly we might take only two Cat B rookies as if either AJ or Fisher are redrafted they would be Cat A. All this assumes that remaining rookies Ronke, Fox and Pink get another contract for a year.
    Great, thanks. I had mistakenly thought that Edwards was on Senior List, but he was of course a mature age rookie.